ForumsQuestionsOverwhelm mode

Overwhelm mode
M

Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have way too many tasks in my list, and am trying to organize, weed, etc.

One thing I need to understand - I don't have a lot of REAL "due" dates, in my tasks -- but I need to be "triggered" to do things (or at least TRY to do things). I've been using far more START dates than due dates, but I'm now thinking that DUE DATE MODIFIERS might help me.

How would I enter a task, then, to TAKE A LONG HIKE every 4th weekend; BUT, if I skip and don't get to it (e.g., there's an ice storm this weekend) - the task rolls to the NEXT weekend. Then, if I complete it, it moves forward another 4 weeks.

I'm thinking REPEAT EVERY 4 WEEKS from completion (?) with a DUE DATE AFTER this coming Saturday ?

Thanks

This message was edited Jan 12, 2011.
Andrew A

Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Have you read David Allen's Getting Things Done? That sounds like it would be the place to start. Seriously, it is about controlling your tasks so that you do not feel overwhelming and all the energy just feeling that wastes.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 13, 2011
If you fancy a more spiritual approach, you might like

http://zenhabits.net/zen-to-done-ztd-the-ultimate-simple-productivity-system/

You don't have to practice Zen to apply it, it just is based on a Zen kind of simplicity.
M

Posted: Jan 13, 2011
Thanks, guys -- I've visited both, and reading them / finding a way to make them fit me is tasks 100-150 on my todo list, unfortunately...

Until I get there -- functionally, how would you set up the "Take a hike" task that I want to accomplish?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.