ForumsQuestionsNo way to repeat an unfinished task?

No way to repeat an unfinished task?
depue99

Posted: Jan 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am a very forgetful person, so rely on my todo app to remind me of things. I've added a task (with a reminder!) to take out the trash that repeats on trash day every week. However, being the forgetful person that I am, I forgot to check it off after I took the trash out last week. Now I'm in trouble with the wife because I forgot to take the trash out this week. Why? Because toodledo will not repeat a task unless it is marked as complete, and I can find no way around that. Sucks for forgetful people I guess. Am I missing something? If the answer is, "get more diligent in your GTD routine!" Then toodledo is not for me, because I rely on my todo to help me even remember to do my daily routines, whether I remember to check them off or not.

I'd like a way to tell toodledo to create the next task immediately after the due date, whether or not the current task is checked off.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2011.
alexandremrj_2

I think its better for you if you use the reminders of your calendar instead of a task list.
Google Calendar, Outlook or others have notification reminders and this way there is no need to mark the check
Salgud

Posted by depue99:
I am a very forgetful person, so rely on my todo app to remind me of things. I've added a task (with a reminder!) to take out the trash that repeats on trash day every week. However, being the forgetful person that I am, I forgot to check it off after I took the trash out last week. Now I'm in trouble with the wife because I forgot to take the trash out this week. Why? Because toodledo will not repeat a task unless it is marked as complete, and I can find no way around that. Sucks for forgetful people I guess. Am I missing something? If the answer is, "get more diligent in your GTD routine!" Then toodledo is not for me, because I rely on my todo to help me even remember to do my daily routines, whether I remember to check them off or not.

I'd like a way to tell toodledo to create the next task immediately after the due date, whether or not the current task is checked off.

As Alex said, some calendar apps will do that. If you prefer to use TD, it'll do that fine, if you make it part of your daily routine to review your list and mark things done that you forgot to mark at the time. I do that all the time.
Richard_

I think the "optionally on" modifier is what you are looking for
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have this exact task. Set it to be an "optional" task and it will automatically get moved forward each week even if you don't check it off.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.