ForumsQuestionsGetting Started With Toodledo

Getting Started With Toodledo
Bryan_1293453365

Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Nothing Earth-shattering here, but I am new to ToodleDo and wanted to highlight for other new users the two tips that helped me realize ToodleDo would be indispensable.

1. The default is to sort and group by Importance. If you are not familiar with the concept, it can be off-putting. Recognize that ToodleDo can sort and group by almost anything you want, and it becomes very powerful!

2. When first setting up, start by including just a few fields, then add new ones only as you find you really need them. By following this advice, I have been able to implement every cut of my task list that I've wanted, while keeping the entry and maintenance clean and simple - allowing me to focus on DOING the to-dos rather than fooling around getting organized.

-- PS - This probably should have been in Tips & Tricks. Sorry!

Excellent app, and I am really glad I found it.

PS - I use both the ToodleDo iPhone app and 2Do, and it's a very powerful planning combo (ToodleDo: Use for setting goals, using notebook, and maintaining the structure; 2Do for daily 2Do checking since its interface presents you with tasks right away).

This message was edited Jan 17, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I've never used 2do on the iPhone but have tried Toodledo and Appigo Todo (the latter is what I use daily).

But from memory there is an option to set Toodledo's start page to whatever you like, e.g. Folders, Contexts, etc which then gives you quick access to tasks on startup.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.