ForumsQuestionsWork and Private tasks, in two different Google Calender's

Work and Private tasks, in two different Google Calender's
kentyl

Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I like to have my tasks in my Google Calendar (GC), as it's a nice calendar with a possibility to sync with my Symbian phone using GooSync. I currently use the Event feed to have all my tasks as one calendar in GC.

I am new to Toodledo and the context and tag concepts. But maybe I could have these:

Tag: Work, Private
Context: Phone, Internet, Office, PenAndPaper

I would most of all like to be forced to choose a tag and a context, so that I do not forget it.

Then I would like to setup custom searches which I could import as calendars in Google Calendar. That way I could have two calendars, one for Work and one for my Private tasks. I prefer to have them as two separate calendars as I could easily choose to show only private stuff, or work stuff in Google Calendar.

Is this possible already? What do you think about it? If I can have both my work and private tasks, synced with Google Calendar into two separate calendars. Then I would surely upgrade to pro! (It may even be a benefit of a Pro account.)
piyush_soni

Posted: Jan 23, 2011
For tag and Context, you are not forced - but close second : you can set their default values for any new task you create in Account Settings.

I'd like to comment on your choice of Tags and Context. Work/Private etc. are better off as Contexts - as they mostly don't have any intersection. An 'Internet' task on the other hand could be work/home, Phone could be work/home. etc. So think about them.

You can import your calendar in Google Calendar by e.g. their live iCal subscription but I don't know if there's any service like syncing only your saved searches in that.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011.
kentyl

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Thank you! After posting I actually investigated a bit further. And I have contexts for Phome, Home, Internet etc now and use tags to divide things into Work and Private. Like you advised!

I use the iCal subscribtion. But I would benefit from having an option to publish a saved search as an iCal subscribtion. By allowing that I could organize my tasks into any number of Google Calendars I see fit.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 24, 2011
It is not currently possible to sync only specific sets of tasks via iCal. This is on our to-do list.
luc.steelandt

Posted: Mar 13, 2011
Hope it will soon arrived.
I need to synchronize of specifics set of tasks (result of a saved search) with my office agenda and other set of task (another saved search) with my private agenda.

I am coming from RTM and wish to retrieve in toodledo this existing feature.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.