ForumsQuestionsReminders

Reminders
sprouty76

Posted: Jan 25, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I currently use ToodleDo with GotToDo on my Android. GotToDo allows reminders on the phone, if they are set for individual tasks. However, it's not possible to actually set reminders unless ToodleDo has been set up with an email address or twitter account to send the reminder to.

I don't really want to be getting reminders in more than one place, so short of setting up a dummy email account for ToodleDo to send its own remidners to, what's the best way to set this up?

I understand that if you're using the iPhone app, you can specify the iPhone as the target for the reminder, can something like that be implemented to allow 3rd party tools to function in the same way?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2011
We are looking into this. In the meantime, you will need to make a dummy email account, or create a filter in your real email account that deletes the reminders that we send.
sprouty76

Posted: Jan 28, 2011
What I've done is this (it might be useful for others):

Gmail lets you use your gmail address followed by +, then follwed by anything you like and it still arrives in your inbox. So if my email address is [email protected], I can put [email protected] and it still gets to me. I can then filter on anything to that address.

Still, it's not ideal, so it's good to hear you're working on it. Perhaps your help could be ammended to mention this in the meantime, as I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.