ForumsQuestionsTrying ToodleDo Subtasks with Ipad - Don't Get It

Trying ToodleDo Subtasks with Ipad - Don't Get It
mike

Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I am trying the Pro Account for 7 days in an effort to figure out how to make subtasks work well in an iPad environment.

After fiddling with settings for awhile, I'm concluding that it doesn't work well with iPad. Would welcome dissenting viewpoints and any suggestions for how to make it work well with iPad. My hang-up - there doesn't appear to be a way visually to show indenting of subtasks under the parent task on iPad. That's the deal-breaker to me.

I'd welcome advice if anyone know how to show indents on iPad.

Thanks in advance...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 29, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Subtasks on the iPhone/iPad currently have 2 display options. Inline and Nested. This is the same thing as Flattened and Hidden on the website. I just realized that we use different words and I have no idea why. I will make sure that we standardize on one terminology to avoid confusion. We don't yet support the "Indented" behavior as experienced on the website, but this is on our to-do list.
mn_1303422305

Posted: Apr 24, 2011
Thank you. I have decided that until you implement nested display as it is on the website, it's actually better to view toodledo on my iPad as a regular website. The real annoying part of the iPad app is that it treats projects the same way as tasks. So it shows me a list of items, some of which are folder names and some of which are actual tasks. For example in my 'new business' folder, I have a task called, say, 'Corp XYZ', and i have a task that says, for example, 'send proposal'. On my iPad I have a list of items, one is Corp XYZ and another is send proposal, but because they are distinct items on the list, the first is nonsensical (ie there is no actual task called Corp XYZ) and the second is incomplete (since I don't know who to send the proposal to.)

Please fix so my learning curve will not have been wasted!
mn_1303422305

Posted: Apr 25, 2011
In my post above, I realize that I am using the top task of multiple subtasks as the 'project'. Therefore, the hierarchy that makes sense to me is folders>projects>tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.