ForumsQuestionsGo back depth inconsistency in FF Sidebar

Go back depth inconsistency in FF Sidebar
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 24, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm having this small annoyance with the Sidebar Add-on in FF. Everything is working fine insofar that when I use, for instance, Due-Date -> Today, I can back up with the help of the breadcrumb listing at the top. But when I click any task, the only way I've found til this day is to use Alt+Left to be able to go back one step and get the breadcrumb list back.
When I click a subtask-task, I get a breadcrumb list again, but this time I have it by this kind of list; "Top > Parent > Subtasks" and once again lose the breadcrumb list when I click a subtask.

I'd like to have the breadcrumb list update what I have traversed while going through the depth, no matter where I am.
A couple of examples;
* Top > Due-Date > Today > Parent-task > Subtask
* Top > Context > My Context > Task

For now, I'll of use Alt+Left/Right since I'm used to that way of browsing pages in general.
saskia.x

Posted: Nov 24, 2008
Alt+Left works for you? I've never been able to move backwards & forwards in the Toodledo sidebar, no matter what method I use (e.g. keyboard shortcuts or mouse side buttons). For me, Alt+Left moves the site in the main window backwards, not the sidebar.

The lack of a good means of navigating really limits the usefulness of the sidebar - it would be much better if the "breadcrumb" menu was visible all the time, including when viewing an individual task, and if back/forward worked for everyone (although now I wonder if there's something wrong with my setup that prevents it from working properly? I use the All-In-One sidebar extension, so perhaps that interferes with the proper operation of the Toodledo sidebar).
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
Ooops, sorry. The similarities between the sidebar-app and the iGoogle-gadget are stunning. Anyways, the problem with the bread crumbs list is exactly the same as the sidebar one.
The difference is, when you use the iGoogle-gadget, you can use Alt+Left/Right to navigate, but unfortunately not with the sidebar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
plainclothes

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
another vote for breadcrumbs in the detailed task view -- I hate having to jump back to the top!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.