ForumsQuestionsMissing Tasks

Missing Tasks
Holmes Hummel PA

Posted: Feb 02, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I use toodledo only as a collaborator, so I only have tasks that have been assigned to me from another person. Lately I am unable to locate certain completed tasks, but the person who owns the tasks did not delete them nor did I. Any idea what happened to these tasks?

I've noticed that it show the total number of tasks under my collaborators list and it says that a certain number of tasks are hidden due to filter settings. When I click to undo the filter settings nothing happens - I'm assuming this is because the person I'm collaborating with has tasks I cannot see - correct? And that this isn't an indication that something is wrong and I am not seeing tasks that I should be seeing?

I'm really at a loss here...even when I search for a word that I know was in one of the tasks that is missing, nothing shows up and it is not listed under recently deleted.

Since this wasn't a task I created is the issue likely on my end or on my collaborators side?

Any tips or advice is appreciated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 03, 2011
Tasks completed more than 1 week ago will be hidden unless you use the advanced search page to look for them. I think this is likely what is happening.
Holmes Hummel PA

Posted: Feb 03, 2011
I tried this, but still am not finding tasks. If they are still there - isn't there a comprehensive way to view them all even without having to remember some random word (or other aspect) that was in a completed task?

I am suspecting that this has to do with the fact that I was not the original creator of the task - is this likely?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 04, 2011
Instead of searching for a random word, you could just search for a date-range of when it was completed or if you want to see everything you could do a search for "Completed=YES" and it will show every completed task.

If you suspect that you deleted the task, you can check the "recently deleted tasks" list in your account settings.
Holmes Hummel PA

Posted: Feb 04, 2011
So, searching with "checked off" = "yes" selected twice in the advance search does work to turn up completed tasks.

I had already mentioned that I checked "recently deleted tasks" in my first post. And, I did try other searches besides the random words - for instance I tried searching "checked off = yes" and priority = medium - but this did not turn up tasks that met this criteria. Also, many of the words I was searching for are in fact in the tasks - so this is not full text searching, correct?

It does seem there should be a way to locate completed tasks - even ones completed over a week ago, without doing a search.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 07, 2011
If you want to regularly look at tasks completed in the last month or further back, you can create a saved search and access it quickly any time you want. A search like this would work nicely:

Checked off is yes
AND
Date completed is in the last 30 days.

The search page is a very powerful way to make customized reports of whatever you want. We can't anticipate what everyone will want, so we built the search page to allow people to make their own custom views.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.