ForumsQuestionsRepeat task 1st day of every month

Repeat task 1st day of every month
monkey102

Posted: Feb 06, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'm trying to set up task that will repeat on the 1st day of every month. So I set up a task on 1st March 2011 and then set it to repeat monthly.

However, when I import my Toodledo iCal into Google Calendar the task appears as 1st Mar, but repeats on 2nd Apr, 2nd May and so on rather than the 1st of every month.

Is this just a quirk with the iCal, or is this a bug?

Cheers,
m
greendaleservice

Posted: Feb 06, 2011
sounds like a bug
So should fix it
because I will have the same problem
Paul
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 07, 2011
I was unable to replicate this. Can you please let us know the due-time, start-date, start-time and length of the task?
monkey102

The settings for the task I had were:

Due date: 01/03/2011
Due time: 12:00am
Repeat: monthly

I don't think I set a length for the task.
monkey102

Also, I'm on GMT on Toodledo and Google Calendar if that helps.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 08, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
12:00am is sort of an ambiguous time because it could be either the last minute of the day or the first minute of the day and we have noticed that different apps interpret it differently. Try setting it to 11:59pm or 12:01am to avoid the ambiguity and I think that might solve your problem.
monkey102

Posted: Feb 08, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
12:00am is sort of an ambiguous time because it could be either the last minute of the day or the first minute of the day and we have noticed that different apps interpret it differently. Try setting it to 11:59pm or 12:01am to avoid the ambiguity and I think that might solve your problem.

Thanks. That seems to have solved it. It's a counter-intuitive that a repeated task 12:00am ends up on Apr 2nd, but 12:01am ends up on Apr 1st! But your workaround suits my needs, thanks very much!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.