ForumsQuestionsHow to repeat weekly from the nearest future Saturday?

How to repeat weekly from the nearest future Saturday?
mfcmfc

Posted: Feb 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Example task: vacuum living room floor every Saturday. I want this task to show up in my todo list on Saturday, unless I missed the prior deadline, then I want to see it in the todo list every day until I complete it. I might complete the task on any day of the week. I have this repeating task set up. The problem comes in when I miss a few weeks.

If I miss a few weeks, I have to press the completed box, refresh the page, press the completed box, refresh the page, and so on, until I make up for all the missed weeks. Alternatively, I could change the due date after completing the task.

Is there a way I can set up a task so that if I miss a few weeks before completing a weekly task, I can have it repeat from the nearest future Saturday, skipping all the weeks that were missed?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 07, 2011
There is a simple way to do this. Edit the repeat field and set it to repeat "From completion date" and then change the repeat value to "Every Sat". This will make it so that when you complete the task, it will always go to the next saturday regardless of how overdue it is.
mfcmfc

Posted: Feb 08, 2011
Thanks that seems to work. I was using a repeating interval of weekly, which was not working.

I don't see an equivalent way to do this for the first day of each month. I can do the first Saturday of each month, but not the first day using "Format 2: "On the X D of each month"

Using Format 1: "Every X T", to specify "every 1 month" seems to behave the same as specifying "monthly"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 08, 2011
You are correct, that it is not possible to do this with a monthly repeating task. If a monthly repeating task doesn't get completed for several months, you'll need to edit the task's due-date and manually move it forward to the next month.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.