ForumsQuestionsSync with Google Tasks

Sync with Google Tasks
piyush_soni

Posted: Feb 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
@Salgud and others who are not seeing the scrollbar in the Toodledo Gadget for Google Calendar, it is Google's problem. They probably assume the gadget won't need a scrollbar -
so probably the solution for ToodleDo gadget is to have its own(Something like a frame inside a frame).

Anyway, until that is done, if you are using Firefox you can install this script I had made long back for fixing this problem (and some other):

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88019

If you are using Google Chrome, I think they already have their custom built scrollbar there (Google is Evil!)
adrian.rogers

Posted: Mar 14, 2012
Score: 3 Reference
I found a way to sync the two services. I'm able to use a 3rd party service called Memotoo to sync Toodledo and Google Tasks. There is a limit on the number of tasks/categories that Memotoo will allow before you have to pay (it's inexpensive).

I use the Pocket Informant App (on my iphone) to sync with Toodledo, then I have Memotoo act as a middleware to sync Toodledo and Google Tasks to its todolist. I have it setup to do full bidirectional sync meaning that I get to use Google Tasks do get sync'd both ways, however I have noticed some duplicates on the Gtasks side, it may be a hold over from when I was earlier syncing only syncing with Gtasks.

I still want Gtask syncing directly from Toodledo, but for now this works.
eastling_1314067228

Posted: May 03, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
What I would like to see with Tooledo integration with Google Calendar: Show me due dates within the calendar as an event item (like Google Tasks does).

One solution would be to integrate with Google Tasks so that when you sync, they show up on the calendar. Another would be just to have this as an option with the Google Calendar plug-in or native for the connection with Gcal itself (a checkbox that would toggle events in Gcal would be ideal).

Thanks!

-MrE
drsuds

Posted: May 04, 2012
that would fix everything
klhildebrandt

Posted: Jun 15, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
Any idea when this update is going to be? We've been waiting 6 months...
ddcarter

Posted: Jul 20, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
Looking forward to Google tasks sync, but a dedicated android app as good as the iPhone app would be even sweeter.
marius.eggerud

Posted: Jul 21, 2012
Posted by ddcarter:
Looking forward to Google tasks sync, but a dedicated android app as good as the iPhone app would be even sweeter.

+1
fdominguez

Posted: Sep 17, 2012
It will be great if we have this feature!
Jeff DAoust

Posted: Oct 23, 2012
Can we get an update on this feature request?

Thanks,
Jeff
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 23, 2012
Syncing with Google tasks is not straight forward. They have infinite levels of subtasks, which would be confusing to sync with Toodledo. We have some ideas that we are experimenting with.
liz.j.barnett

Posted: Oct 28, 2012
I'm also interested in this. It would be great to be able to easily change emails into tasks on Google and then sync the tasks with toodledo so I actually do them!
JPR

Posted: Oct 28, 2012
Posted by liz.j.barnett:
I'm also interested in this. It would be great to be able to easily change emails into tasks on Google and then sync the tasks with toodledo so I actually do them!

The Toodledo bookmarklet works great for this with Gmail. No syncing needed.

https://www.toodledo.com/tools/bookmarklet.php
cseder

Posted: Nov 28, 2012
I've been struggeling with finding a good solution to my task and project needs fore some time now.
I've tried everything there is out there I think, like the paid Todoist, Producteev, RTM, you name it. I've tried getting a healthy setup between my iPad, Windows Workstation, Macbook and Android phone using many different approaches.

On my phone I find it easiest to use the built in Google Calendar to add tasks with a date and appointments. I would like to have these synced back to Toodledo, but this doesn't work correctly.

I can see my Toodledo stuff in my Google Calendar by importing the iCal link into Google Calendar setup, but they are read only.
https://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php

But I can't synchronize google tasks and appointments back into Toodledo which is a pain.

But as I said this is not exclusive to Toodledo, I've not managed to get a decent setup using any other tool either.

But, being a Pro Plus Subscriber I hope this will be prioritized by the Toodledo developers, to let people finally manage their lives without too much fuzz and complicated setups.

This is a basic list of functions to expect as a Pro Plus subscriber:

1. Seamless two-way synchronization with Google:

When you create a task in Toodledo without a date -> Create a Google Task of it. Task with date -> Create a Google Calender Event.

When you create a task (no date) in Google Tasks -> Create a default task in Toodledo.

When you create a Google Task with a reminder -> Create a default Toodledo task without a date with a reminder.

When you create a Google Calendar Event -> Create a Toodledo task with the date as a due date.

2. Desktop Application
A good desktop application for Windows, Mac and possibly Linux.

3. Uniform Mobile Apps
An App that looks and behaves similar on both iPhone, iPad and Android (plus possibly Windows Phone and Blackberry)

What I have to do now:
Now I have to use 3rd party apps on all platforms except on iPad. This is not satisfactory.
I have to manually create my tasks in two places to be sure not to miss out on anything. This is stressful and error prone.
If this does not get better in the NEAR future, I'll cancel my Toodledo subscription and find a better way to use just Google solutions, because this setup really suck.
Purveyor

Posted by cseder:
When you create a task (no date) in Google Tasks -> Create a default task in Toodledo.

When you create a Google Task with a reminder -> Create a default Toodledo task without a date with a reminder.

When you create a Google Calendar Event -> Create a Toodledo task with the date as a due date.
Have you contacted Google and insisted that they implement this in the NEAR future?
Salgud

Score: 3 Reference
@csedr

Sorry, but I established my claim as the MIC (Most Important Customer) a long time ago (see Chit Chat forum), and as such, before they can do anything else, the TD developers MUST reconfigure TD for MY needs. So far, it hasn't worked out too well, but I'm still hoping. ;)

This message was edited Nov 28, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.