ForumsQuestionsHow to keep a note box open when it loses focus

How to keep a note box open when it loses focus
00Davo

Posted: Feb 16, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Currently, the notes work as follows: they're rendered as standard content, and when clicked upon they change to a textarea. When the textarea loses focus, they change back to regular content and save the changes.

This would be fine for editing directly in the browser, but I'm using an external-editor plugin for textareas. Unfortunately, when I trigger the editor on the note fields, they lose focus and turn back to content again. This breaks the external editor system, since the box is gone by the time I've finished editing.

Is there a way to alter this behaviour? Perhaps using an actual "Save And Close" button rather than automating it in this manner?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry, but Toodledo does not support external textarea editors at this time.
00Davo

Thanks for the response. Do you have any plans for implementation of this? I can work around the issue, but an official fix would be preferable.

To be clear, the feature I'm requesting is a manual note editing system: rather than automatically opening notes on click, and closing on defocus, an Edit button and a Save Changes button should be available (optionally in the account settings).

EDIT: I have found a solution to the issue: the GMail gadget provided in Tools & Services already uses this manual system and thus works fine with my editor. Excellent.

This message was edited Feb 16, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.