ForumsQuestionsKeep Getting Duplicates on iPhone

Keep Getting Duplicates on iPhone
Terry

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When I was trying to reproduce this I did manage to get another duplicate but there was no pattern to it. The first time I got it I was sync'ing on a 3G connection and when I got the other I was actually on my home wifi. Sorry if this throws another spanner in the works but thought you should be aware in case you think the problem is exclusive to the slow network issue.
Joshua

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
I see this problems from time to time as well, using autosync. Similar situations/outcomes to the others. I can't see a pattern to it. However, I am stuck on a Edge network at my office, which may explain it for me. I will test manual sync.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 20, 2009
The problem seems to be auto-sync combined with Edge networks. We will have this fixed in the next update.
Joshua

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
I tried manual sync today over Edge and seemed to work better for dupes, but for some reason I lost two folders (one which was empty and one which had 2 tasks). After the sync they just "disappeared."

Is that an iPhone app issue or maybe related to other other Toodledo updates you guys made today.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 21, 2009
I don't know why folders would disappear from the iPhone. Are they still on the website?
Joshua

Posted: Apr 22, 2009
No, they deleted from the website as well. I just added them back on the website and the next sync they came back fine. Tasks which were in the one just went to no folder.

I think it may have been a related Edge issue, when I tried to sync I was inside with 1 bar.

Thanks... looking forward to the next app update. Any estimate on when?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 23, 2009
I am sorry that they were deleted. I really have no idea how our iPhone app could have caused that. Are you using any other apps that sync with Toodledo? Like Notebook from Appigo, or the Outlook sync app?
Joshua

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
I use Appigo's Notebook, bit have not opened it recently. Oh well, all is fine now and it did not cause any real damage. Manual sync seem to work for the task dupes I was getting.
chewitty

Posted: Jun 06, 2009
I too am getting this duplicate problem. I use iPhone Toodledo only and I really am getting frustrated with this. There is a mention above of a fix due with an update. When is this due?
Anders

Posted: Jun 06, 2009
The Toodledo iPhone app is pretty stable. If you have gotten more than a rare duplication, I would look into any other sync relationships you employ. If you only sync to iPhone, you might try turning off automatic syncing, and do it manually which is less likely to result in an incomplete sync. As for the update to the app, Toodledo has one coming, but they do not comment on specific dates, especially since Apple can take a while to approve an update once it has been submitted.

BTW, are you using the official Toodledo app for iPhone, or one of the 3rd party apps like Todo, etc.?

~Anders

This message was edited Jun 06, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 07, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
There is a bug with our iPhone app that can sometimes cause duplicated tasks when you are using auto-sync with a poor network connection. If you switch to manual syncing, you wont have the problem anymore. We have already fixed this in our new version of the iPhone app which should be out soon, pending Apple's approval.
nikkirosety

Posted: Jun 07, 2009
I, too, am getting many duplicate tasks between my iPhone 3G (2.2.1) and online. It is so irritating. My subtasks are getting duplicated and getting taken out of their parent folders. This was with auto-sync, so now I guess I will try manual.

Also, a few of my folders with subtasks have gotten their subtasks within them messed up. Please fix this!

Toodledo for the iPhone is the best app for Toodledo.
netsnake24

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Hello!

It's August now =), and I'm a new user (I bought the iPhone app for my iPod with OS 3.0) and signed up for the free account to sync my tasks. Now I also keep getting duplicates, I have auto sync turned on (but this also happens when I sync manually) and I use an iPod Touch on a fast wifi connection. Well, yes, it seems to be the repeated tasks that get duplicated, but e.g. I have to do something every day, I do it, I check it off, the iPod syncs, and there it is again in my hotlist (not done, of course)! But it should be there tomorrow, not today as I've already done it. Do you know why that occurs? Thank you!

Oh, and the app is just beautifully coded, nice thinking process and I totally like it. Although, it crashed a couple of times. But I turned the sync off now, because I only use the online account for backup, as I prefer the iPod interface. Would be nice to have a backup though ;)

Greetings
Victor
Anders

The bug mentioned in this thread is long gone. It was related to a feature that has been replaced with autosyncing.

What you are describing is the app's method of automatically rescheduling recurring tasks upon completion. See this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2663/-13927/read.html

If you just want to hide tasks that are not yet due, you can use the Hide Future Tasks filter, but if they are due soon, they will still be shown. For the Hotlist, you can just change the settings for how many days out you want to show. For all other views, you will have to use a Start Date to keep the task hidden. Tasks will not appear until their Start Date if the Hide Future Tasks filter is on.
netsnake24

Thank you very much!

I'll post a good recension in the app store for fast help soon...

I enjoy using it!
docqs

Posted: Dec 03, 2009
I have an Ipod Touch and am just about ready to give up on this app. I tried deleting ALL my tasks on the ipod touch and on Toodledoo, and in Outlook, and put in just one task on the Ipod. Now I have 1543 copies! And I can't figure out how to deleted them from Toodledoo. I have uninstalled it on my computer, but would like to try again. What should I do??
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 03, 2009
The copies are almost certainly coming from the third-party Outlook sync app, which commonly does this. You can confirm this by hovering your house over the checkbox on one of the copies. It will say "from third-party app" or "from iPhone" and will tell you who is responsible for making the copies.

If it is as I suspect, please try disabling the Outlook sync app and then you can flush out your tasks online and on the iPhone and start over.
dteolis

Posted: Dec 22, 2009
I too have experienced duplicate tasks and I am using an iphone app, toodeledo, and auto sync. [email protected]
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.