ForumsQuestionsdefer all of today's to dos until tomorrow

defer all of today's to dos until tomorrow
igenr8

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to defer all matters not completed today until tomorrow without touching all of them and deferring them individually?
alexandremrj_2

Score: 1 Reference
The only way I can think off is using a search of:
Completed=NO
AND
DueDate=Today

and them multi edit them for due tomorrow
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Salgud

I've considered Alex's suggestion for this. I decided that the time to do that, which isn't much, just isn't worth it. I just leave them overdue, unless it gets to be a while. Then I reschedule them. I guess this probably isn't acceptable if you're very SJ, or a GTDer (which is pretty much the same thing). But I'm ok with it.
piyush_soni

Yes, I think this long step of first searching for the tasks which are really there in front of you, and then looking for the tool for multi editing them is not really worth it and most of the times you just keep them as they are.

I think the script ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks works really well for this and you can multi-edit the tasks then and there.
PeterW 

Getting on my GTD soapbox...

The best approach is to not assign due dates to tasks unless they absolutely have to be done on that day. The temptation is to give everything a due date to schedule tasks and to remind yourself of things to be done. I have to stop myself doing this all the time.

If you do a weekly review (or more frequently) and utilize the context feature and GTD's time/energy principles then you shouldn't need to use due dates to drive your workflow.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Feb 20, 2011
Hello,

the search is saved and you only do it the first time. After that you can Press "e - Pressing the e key will switch to the Search view." and them click multi-view for the edit.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.