ForumsQuestionsE-mail with note in body

E-mail with note in body
forrestlk

Posted: Nov 30, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I am new & got my email working, but the body of the email does not come over as a note???

Any ideas....

Thanks....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 01, 2008
Our email importer has some bugs with importing the notes that we are trying to work out. Some people have had success by changing the format of their email to be "plain text". Also, certain international characters seem to cause notes to be truncated. We are working on this.

Thanks
eamon mcdonagh

Posted: Jul 12, 2009
Hi,

Is there any progress on this? I was a toodledo user a number of years back, but have been using another program since. I'm very interested in trying Toodledo again, but I need to authorise mails from Gopingme, which I use as a tickler. It's sending an authorisation code, but it's in the body, and it's not created as a note. So that's a showstopper really :(
jpropper

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
@eamon

I think I figured this out. I use gopingme too. I send the ping to a gmail account(that has been confirmed by Toodledo). I have a filter set up on my gmail that files it in a ping folder AND forwards it to Toodledo.

I can also text my ping to my phone and of course do both.
replytoken

Posted by jpropper:
@eamon

I think I figured this out. I use gopingme too. I send the ping to a gmail account(that has been confirmed by Toodledo). I have a filter set up on my gmail that files it in a ping folder AND forwards it to Toodledo.

I can also text my ping to my phone and of course do both.

I am using a similar arrangement, but the text in the body after the frist line of the gopingme reminder notification does not carry over to TD.

--Ken

This message was edited Jul 13, 2009.
jpropper

I guess I do shorter pings, hadn't noticed.

Here's another idea... Create a Notebook in Toodledo and simply reference to look at the appropriate Notebook in your Ping. I guess it's a few extra keystrokes but if that isn't a deal killer I think it could work
replytoken

I mostly liked to carry over text when it contained some useful information like a telephone number or address. Its not a deal killer, but if they can fix it it, would certainly add to the utility of using gopingme with TD.

--Ken

This message was edited Jul 13, 2009.
jiuyen

Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Hi Ken - I have set up PingMe with Toodledo in hopes of setting up "tickler actions." I use the gmail pass-through, and I have the same problem - the PingMe email body doesn't show up. The syntax (like using @ to denote context) only works sometimes. It is odd.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.