ForumsQuestionsiPod - Which fields of tasks cause alarms?

iPod - Which fields of tasks cause alarms?
leeand00

Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Which combination of which fields cause an alarm to be sounded?

I've already tried reading and following the directions in "Documentation / Help -> Alarms"

But I can't figure out if I need to add a date to it or what.

I'd like to make the tasks re-occuring but also alert me when I am supposed to do the task.

Thank you,
Andrew J. Leer
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To have a alarm you need to set 2 things: Due-date and alarm. You may also set the due-time if you want the alarm to sound at a specific time.
leeand00

Do I have to set the Due-Date myself if it's a repeating event?
leeand00

Also I just noticed that Toodledo (on my iPod Touch) doesn't appear in Settings->Notifications. Does that mean I need to sync my data and re-install it?
iDazz

I don't think the app has notification settings there. I think what you are looking for is in Settings->Alarms

You might find the response to this useful too - http://www2.toodledo.com/forums/2/9349/-1/badges-not-updating-on-iphone.html
leeand00

Posted by Darren_1298638730:
I don't think the app has notification settings there. I think what you are looking for is in Settings->Alarms

You might find the response to this useful too - http://www2.toodledo.com/forums/2/9349/-1/badges-not-updating-on-iphone.html

Couldn't find it in Setting->Alarms (that items isn't there) I have an ipod touch g4, does that make difference?

This message was edited Mar 01, 2011.
iDazz

Sorry, just to be clear in case I wasn't, it's in the application itself, not in the device settings. Don't think it makes a difference if it's on ipod touch.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You need to set the due-date even for a repeating event, otherwise, the repeating event doesn't know when to repeat the task from.

As for the alarm settings, in Settings>Alarms, you can choose how you want your alarms to be triggered. The choices are No alarms, alarms are sent from the device, and alarms are sent from the website. Each option has its own tradeoffs and some options are not available on all platforms. But if you want alarms you will need to select an option other than "No alarms" in this section.
leeand00

Okay so you mean the settings inside of the Toodledo app and not the settings inside of ios4.

I checked the Alarms setting, and it has been set to Task alarms come from device the entire time.

Are alarms just not supported on iPod Touch / IOS4?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Alarms are supported on the iPod touch. If the alarms are set to come "from device" then all you need to do is create a due-date and alarm and it should trigger. If it doesnt, please create a support ticket and include details about your settings so that we can try to reproduce the problem.
leeand00

Okay, thanks for your help everyone, with your suggestion of the two fields, I got it to work...I think the "remind me" 15 minutes prior thing might have been throwing me, if ya set it to ~1 minute, that's the quickest way to test it out.

This message was edited Mar 01, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.