ForumsQuestionsColouring tasks by folder, status, contex and tags manually.

Colouring tasks by folder, status, contex and tags manually.
jolygod

Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
That is, I would find it usefull to define a colour for tasks with a crossed constraint... ie. (folder==work && status==next_action && tag==phone).

I'm not very experienced yet, and I currently use filters and search to do that, but I like seeing my tasks all at once under a specific folder with the sub-task indentation (searches/filters flatten it).

Btw, regarding constraint contradictions, the colouring procedure can be sequential, so that the last active constraint is the final colour (can also use soft/hard constraints...).

I'd also use subfolders; is it intentionally not supported or a pending feature?

Great work, love your site!
Roy
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion on colors. As for subfolders, we have something equivalent called subtasks. http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
h.hutchinson

Posted: Mar 02, 2011
I have a similar request regarding colouring/coloring of the ToodleDo calendar (this has nothing to do with the other calendars that people are trying to sync with).

When I am assigning/changing the date of a task, it would be nice for the mini-calendar where I select the date (if I choose to do it that way) to be color coded. For instance, days with 5 or less tasks are highlighted a light green, days with 5 to 10 tasks in them are highlighted yellow, and days with 10 or more tasks already assigned to it to be highlighted a light red.

I am often changing dates for things that don't have specific deadlines but just need to get accomplished at some
point. It would be nice if I could know a day is more open than others. I am constantly placing a task in a date that is already booked/overbooked.

I am somewhat knew to Toodledo, so sorry if this has already been addressed. Searching the forums proved both tough to find if this feature existed and tough in general.

As a sided note, can the search function show you threads first before sending you into individual posts?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.