ForumsQuestionsHow precise is the Text reminder

How precise is the Text reminder
Jason Pham

Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hello, I was a subscribed user a year ago but 'had' to switch to Remember The Milk (RTM) because Toodledo lacked a good Android App.

During that time, the Text message (to phone) reminder wasn't very precise as there was 15-30 minutes windows of getting a message.

Has that changed? There seems to be a fairly good Android App now for Toodledo (called Due Today) but I want to be sure the text reminder feature has been improved before I subscribe again.

One good thing about RTM is that their text reminders are very precise, down to the minute.

Thanks...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
The preciseness of all alarms is still dependent on the external implementations of where the alarm is going. We send the alarms at the appropriate time with a +/-2 minute accuracy. After that, it depends on your cellphone company. Cellphone carriers do not give any guarantee on the timely delivery of text messages. I have personally had text messages arrive hours after the person sent them. We cannot control what happens to the alarm after we hand it off to a 3rd party.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.