ForumsQuestionsUnusably sloooow website

Unusably sloooow website
mr_many_notes

Posted: Dec 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Why is the website so often unusably slow? 90% of the time it's fine, but then sometimes it's just unusable! For example, I can click on a down arrow and it can take a minute or more to expand it.
sventhebrit

Posted by mr_many_notes:
Why is the website so often unusably slow? 90% of the time it's fine, but then sometimes it's just unusable! For example, I can click on a down arrow and it can take a minute or more to expand it.

I sometimes see the same issue -- normally around 10.00 in the morning (UK Time). Could be a backup ?? This morning, it was offline for a few minutes, but it is all working normally again now.

Steve
mr_many_notes

Interesting. It was around 11:00 a.m. (Belgium time) when I was so frustrated at the speed I put the post, which, surprise, surprise is 10:00 a.m. UK time.

And in fact, the site was so slow it timed out after I had typed a post on a completely different matter causing me to lose the entire contents of my post (grrrr!).

This message was edited Dec 04, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, at 10:00am UK time, Toodledo currently runs some maintenance programs which makes our website very slow for about 5 minutes. 10:00am UK time is our lowest traffic time, which is why we scheduled it for then. We are working on some behind the scenes upgrades that will allow us to avoid this 5 minute window. We hope to have these upgraded done by the end of the year.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.