ForumsQuestionsMail syntax/ folder names with more than one word

Mail syntax/ folder names with more than one word
th_1320499941

Posted: Mar 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi everyone.

Just switched from another GTD system back to ToodleDo, I'm currently trying to set everything up for my personal work flow.

I often add tasks by mail, sometimes by hand, sometimes created by an Applescript. From ToodleDo's syntax description, you can specify the folder by a leading star (*Folder1), but a lot of my folder names are including spaces (i.e. Family & Friends). When sending to folder *Family & Friends, ToodleDo seems to be unable to find this folder, all tasks are ending in 'No Folder'. It works perfect if the folder name is only one word, so I suppose the problem is the space char.
I already tried the usual ways if parameters include space chars ("*Family & Friends" *"Family & Friends" '*Family & Friends' *'Family & Friends'), but nothing worked so far.

Is there a way to specify a folder name with more than one word? I'm accustomed to these names for several years now. Family&Friends or Family_&_Friends may work, but there's still hope for a more elegant solution…

Regards, Tom
iDazz

Score: 1 Reference
In your email subject replace non-alphanumeric characters with HTML character references. So space becomes &_#_32; ampersand becomes &_#_38;

(remove the underscore between the characters above when you use it, the forum won't display them if I don't put them in)

In your case you would have *Family&_#_32;&_#_38;&_#_32;Friends.

It's a bit of a hack I know, but it works.

This message was edited Mar 07, 2011.
th_1320499941

Score: 0 Reference
iDazz, that's a neat trick!

Just tried it, works perfect. I need this mainly for some Applescripts, so it's not a big deal to replace the characters by code.

Thank you very much!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.