ForumsTips & TricksAnyone using Dial2Do.com?

Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
lite1

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by cj:

I never noticed any time limit on Dial2do messages, it's always been more than enough for me -- and I use it a lot -- but it's not supposed to be used for dictation, at least not yet. If Dial2do is timing out on you, my guess is that it might have something to do with your cell phone or Bluetooth connection, where Dial2do interprets static or silence as the end of your message....

CJ

Thanks CJ ... static might be a problem in Dial2do thinking that my message has come to an end; but since it was consistently happening at about 30 seconds I am not sure that that is the best hypothesis for my problem I listed above.

And there is no seeming explanation that the recording that Dial2do has for my message on their website is not completely transcribed and that the last 8 to 12 words are not transcribed at all. This is puzzling.
cj

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
You've got me stumped. The only things I can think of right now are
1. You have a more limited version of Dial2do than me (being an early user) ... doubtful
2. Phone problems. Frankly bluetooth is a big problem for voice transcription, and could cause all the issues you described. I've gone through 7-8 headsets in the past few months trying to find the right one for my phone.

Did you try to go to Dial2do support?
lite1

Posted: Aug 18, 2009
Posted by cj:
You've got me stumped. The only things I can think of right now are
1. You have a more limited version of Dial2do than me (being an early user) ... doubtful
2. Phone problems. Frankly bluetooth is a big problem ...

Did you try to go to Dial2do support?

Thx for your continued help. I called from home on cell but without bluetooth. For one of my tests amongst others, I started counting off seconds 1,2,3, ... 35 to see a) if the recording would cut me off (yes it did); and whether there was a discrepancy between what was actually recorded as available on Dial2do website and how much of that was transcribed.

Will make time to contact there support. I thought tha Dial2Do or Jott or whatever would be a neat add-on to work with TD, but generally I'd rather listen to an audio book while driving, or actually think, or focus on my driving and the scenery - so I have not been gung-ho about trying this out even though it made it onto my TD list several weeks ago.

Again thanks, Edward
cj

Posted: Aug 18, 2009
I discovered something interesting - on my cellphone there is an app that apparently inteferes with Dial2do ...(Google Voice). It makes some sense, since google voice 'monitors' my call in case I need to tell it a command (mute, record) so it makes sense that it might screw up dial2do ...
Try using dial2do from a landline ... (you can program in 3 numbers from which Dial2do will recognize you)
lite1

Posted: Aug 20, 2009
Posted by cj:
I discovered something interesting - on my cellphone there is an app that apparently inteferes with Dial2do ...(Google Voice). It makes some sense, since google voice 'monitors' my call in case I need to tell it a command (mute, record) so it makes sense that it might screw up dial2do ...
Try using dial2do from a landline ... (you can program in 3 numbers from which Dial2do will recognize you)

CJ thx for your continued efforts. I have a Blackberry and no apps on it other than what it came with. I do not have a SMS text plan nor an internet plan and so just use it as a simple phone. Hence it seems unlikely that there is another app on it that is interfering.

Since this area is neither urgent nor extremely important to me it will be a while b4 I try cust support at Dial2Do to try and figure things out. WIll try to post back here if I discover anything so that our forum can con't to be a useful source of accurate info.

I expect that "my problem" with DIal2Do is a bit of an anomaly and it seems that others are quite happy with it. I can neither endorse it nor pan it at this point in time.

Edward
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.