ForumsTips & TricksCorporate Use Of Toodledo

Corporate Use Of Toodledo
JCarl

Posted: Apr 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I am a CFO of a company and originally used Toodledo individually but now have expanded it to corporate use. I am glad to see that collaboration is a high priority. I have set up a different way of using Toodledo in combination with extra "dummy" gmail addresses and Toodledo subscriptions due to the reasonable cost as follows:

1. I can see my employee's select shared folders through the simple collaboration feature.

2. If multiple employees are working on a reoccuring project I grab a dummy gmail address, subscribe to Toodledo Pro and thus have created the ability to to have a shared major project with many people. An example would be Operations. I set up a gmail account something like CompOper, organize the whole structure and then assign sharing responsibilities. The whole account shows as a collaborator on my account. It eliminates many things and allows full Folder-Task-Subtask unique to the segment of the company.

3. I set up advanced searches in both the database and on my machine for many things, due date by employee, etc.

4. Now the request for improvement. If Toodledo would have an "Assigned To Field" that allows for multiple people it would be a great help. I am currently using intials in the Location field. Not very efficient and still can only assign one intial or one combination of intials.

5. The final item which would also apply to everyone's general use would be the options as follows:
A. Leave assignments on ME for monitoring even if using the Re-assign.
B. Option to assign a task without it moving to the assignee account. As you know it only moves to the No Folder account anyways. With my approach they see the example CompOper and create there own advanced search of their responsibilities and you have all the Folder-Task-Subtask already set up.

C. Allow notifications of updates be configured at the account level if any collaborator makes a change even if they are making the change to something they were not re-assigned to. In my instance I would like to see any changes made to the dummy accounts.

Any other thoughts or corporate application techniques being used by others?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.