ForumsTips & TricksTask Series?

Task Series?
rwilson352

Posted: Aug 12, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I am trying to create a task series where each task has a number at the end (incremented by 1 for each task) with a daily due date.

What I'm trying to create is a reading schedule. Each book has a different number of chapters, and I was hoping to have 1 chapter per day, and my tasks would tell me what book / chapter is due for that day.

Obviously I would need to specify the book and # of chapters, but is there a way to create a series of, say, 25 tasks easily?

Does anyone have any suggetions?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Filbert

Posted: Aug 19, 2011
In Excel,
1) type something like "task 1" in a cell.
2) point to the fill handle (bottom right corner - cursor changes to a plus sign).
3) Drag down to make as many items as you need (eg 1 - 25). Excel will increment the number for you, as long as it's at the end of the text in the cell)
4) Highlight and copy.

In Toodledo
1) Click "add task" and then "add multiple tasks"
2) Paste the stuff from Excel in the empty box (it should get inserted on separate lines)
3) Click Save.

That should do it.
If you want more complex task names (eg Book 1, Chapter 1) you could write a formula or put book 1 in the first col and chap 1 in the next. You would end up with:
Col A Col B
Book 1 Chap 1
Book 1 Chap 2
Book 1 Chap 3
Book 1 Chap 4

Copy and paste that into the multiple task window.

HTH
bottomley.cs

Posted: Aug 21, 2011
I do something like this for a few tasks--if I'm teaching myself something out of a book, say, and want to complete a lesson once a week. Honestly the cleanest way I know of is just to make a repeating task, check off, say, "lesson 3/15," manually change the task name to "lesson 4/15," and let it repeat to next week under that name.

Making tasks for all the lessons/chapters/etc. at once would work fine too, obviously, but personally I would worry about getting behind and having a bunch of them pile up that I'd then have to manually change due dates for.
balloonstoryteller

Posted: Sep 10, 2011
I also need to do a task series, but a little different. I'm an entertainer, and for each booking, I have follow-up tasks before the event and after the event. These are based on dates. I plan to use tasks/subtasks for this, I think. Is there a fast way to tell it which dates to make each task due in relation to the booking date?

Thanks for your help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.