ForumsTips & TricksKeep a PC Based record of Toodledo?

Keep a PC Based record of Toodledo?
New Win7 User

Posted: Dec 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a new user to Toodledo, using it on a Win 7 machine. I have searched the FAQs for an answer to this, but not finding one.

I was just on an extended overseas trip, with dozens of hours of airplane time, plus time at non-US hotels that offered no internet access. I discovered what a hassle it is to want to see my to-do list, and update it, but not have access to it, since it's only in the 'cloud'.

My question: Is there an option to keep a copy on my PC, and then update the cloud version periodically, or vice versa?
Mark.M

Score: 1 Reference
Scott,
You can purchase a third-party product, like Task Angel or Due Today, which offer offline sync capabilities. You may want to give them a look.
PeterW 

Score: -1 Reference
If you're on a Mac, Appigo's Todo (new version) is excellent.
gadgetude

Posted: Dec 22, 2011
Also, if you have an iPhone or iPad, the apps for the those will do it.
frank.r.galea

Posted: Dec 22, 2011
I have used Pocket Informant as an iPhone app alongside the ToodleDo iPhone app and it has worked out pretty well. Have not had to support that "ecosystem" for an extended period off the network though so I'm not sure what sync woes and version control issues you might run into after an extended period.
AlphaEric

Posted: Jan 05, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
The answer to this thread is worth adding to Toodledo help pages:

topic: "using toodleDo while Disconnected from the cloud"

answer: use a third party application that retains its data locally (eg on your phone) that syncs with Toodledo. (then link to the page on third party apps)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.