ForumsTips & Tricks[UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0

[UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
earnjam

Posted: Dec 16, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I finally got around to working on the updated version of the Mac OSX Userstyle I created. I've just posted the updated version on UserStyles.org.

It's available here:
http://userstyles.org/styles/41218/toodledo-macosx-version-2

It's still a work in progress, but I figured it was ready enough for people to start playing with it and help me with finding the bugs. As of now, I've only tested in Chrome, but I plan on making it compatible with both Chrome and Firefox.

Let me know if you have suggestions and/or bugs to report.

Enjoy!
earnjam

Posted: Dec 16, 2011
Wow, I just realized that I posted the new version exactly 1 year to the day after I released the original version of this UserStyle. Total coincidence, but pretty cool.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 17, 2011
Looks great. I will play around with it and report back any issues.
earnjam

Posted: Dec 17, 2011
Thanks Peter. I've already found a few bugs and I hadn't done the styling on the Search view, so I'll probably have an update for it later this weekend.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 18, 2011
Hi earnjam,

I just wanted to say that I really like the way you've removed the oversize tabs at the top and put these options on the toolbar. It's so much cleaner and a much more economical use of space.

I've added a snippet of code that I've been using in Stylish to make multi-line mode a little neater than the default - it removes the field outline and puts all of the fields closer together.

.dets_top {padding-top:2px !important;}
.del {margin-right:0 !important}
.det {width:auto !important;}

.row:hover .det span,.row:hover .dets_top span,.row:hover .dets_top2 span,.row:hover .note div {
border: none !important;
padding:3px !important;
}

.det span:hover {text-decoration:underline !important;}
earnjam

Posted: Dec 18, 2011
Thanks! Those tabs seemed useless because it's pretty evident whether you are viewing tasks or notes. I didn't see the need for them to be so large.

Fortunately with their redesign, I haven't felt the need to make quite as many UI improvements as I had to before. I left a lot the same, just with small tweaks. With the previous Toodledo design, I did a lot of drastic changes in repositioning toolbars and such.

I don't typically use Multi-line mode, so I hadn't noticed those outlines before, but I'll add your snippet to the style. It's definitely an improvement. Those outlines and the extra spacing seem rather pointless.
earnjam

Posted: Dec 19, 2011
I just pushed out an update to fix some bugs, add some new toolbar design enhancements, and remove the borders/adjust spacing on multi-line mode as suggested by PeterW above.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 20, 2011
I've noticed one small alignment issue... the task count number seems a bit out of kilter when the highlight is on it. No big deal, but it's noticeable.

Thanks again for your work on this, earnjam. It's an excellent theme.
earnjam

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
I've just posted an update with initial support for Firefox now.

I haven't done much testing yet, but it looks like it works pretty well so far.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
Thanks earnjam - will check it out.

Quick question for you: is it possible using Stylish to rename "No Folder" to "Inbox"? And could this be added as a tab on the "Main" view?

I have my own saved search named Inbox but I don't like not having task counts on the search tabs, so am looking for a way to get my "Inbox" appropriately named and more visible.

Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.