ForumsTips & TricksToodledo Toosdays: Optional Tasks

Toodledo Toosdays: Optional Tasks
Sabina A.

Posted: Mar 26, 2013
Score: 2 Reference
Every Toosday we will post a Toodledo tip that will show a new idea or creative way to use Toodledo. Submit your Toodledo tips to [email protected]. If we pick your idea, we'll give you a free month subscription!

Today's tip:

Did you know that Toodledo has “optional tasks”? With an optional task, if the date passes and you have not completed the task, it will automatically be removed, or moved forward if it's a repeating task.

For more information: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
gopaulson

Posted: May 16, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Does it just use the due date to 'remove' the task or also the time?

ie If I have something that needs to be done by 10am on the 20th, will it still show at 5pm?
Sabina A.

Posted: May 16, 2013
It is only based on due date. The task will not be removed until the next day, regardless of the time.

Thanks!
ecassidy

Posted: May 28, 2013
I'm confused why if it is a repeating task and you don't complete it when it is optionally due why it then moves forward to the next day. And as a result I'm not able to figure out how I can make a list with subtasks that are due optioanlly everyday and if I don't complete them on a day they still appear the next day. My goal is to be able to have a list with everyday items like take vitamins, exercise, etc. and be able to track the statistics of when/how often I actually complete them. I don't want to have to check off of an item to make that previouis days task disappear as that will throw off the accuracy of the statistics feature. Suggestions?
Kochava

Posted: Jun 05, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by ecassidy:
I'm confused why if it is a repeating task and you don't complete it when it is optionally due why it then moves forward to the next day. And as a result I'm not able to figure out how I can make a list with subtasks that are due optioanlly everyday and if I don't complete them on a day they still appear the next day. My goal is to be able to have a list with everyday items like take vitamins, exercise, etc. and be able to track the statistics of when/how often I actually complete them. I don't want to have to check off of an item to make that previouis days task disappear as that will throw off the accuracy of the statistics feature. Suggestions?

If I understand your question correctly, that's exactly what optional due dates will help you do. For instance, I have "Dishes" as a daily task, but I don't do them every day. If I do the dishes, I mark it complete. If I don't do the dishes, I don't make it complete, and today's task "disappears" at midnight and a new Dishes task appears due today.

The annoyance is that the task stays on your to do list the rest of the day. After poking around the forum today, I realize this can be remedied by using deferred statuses. If I don't want to do one of those repeating tasks with a "fake completion" or deleting the task (which would delete without repeating), I can change the status of the task to "canceled." If you go to "Show" and de-select "Deferred Tasks," the item will "disappear" from your day's to do list without actually being completed.
Dave

Posted: Jun 06, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
I use this feature for tasks that are tied to promotions or coupons so they disappear if I don't use them by the due date. This was a great tip.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.