ForumsTips & TricksCopying tasks

Copying tasks
djbrandmn

Posted: May 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to copy a task from one that you have created earlier? I would like to then edit the copied task to reflect small changes that I would like to make (e.g. change Day 1 to Day 2)

Thanks.
Anders

There is no way to copy a task. You can reuse completed tasks by changing them back to incomplete and editing what you want, but there is no way to edit and also keep the original. Copying tasks has been suggested to Toodledo, and I think it would be very useful.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yep, its on our todo list.
kleerkoat

Posted: May 12, 2009
There is the setup default task in account settings, I know it's not exactly what you are looking for. Just thought I'd mention it, in case it got looked over.
Linden

Posted: May 13, 2009
My workaround for this it to set my task to repeat daily.

When I check off the task for today and refresh the page, the task is already duplicated for the next day and I can edit the details to reflect the small changes needed for that next part.

This is usually just a change in the notes, but sometimes also a tweak in the task's actual name/action.
davek

Posted: May 13, 2009
Posted by Linden:
My workaround for this it to set my task to repeat daily.

When I check off the task for today and refresh the page, the task is already duplicated for the next day and I can edit the details to reflect the small changes needed for that next part.

This is usually just a change in the notes, but sometimes also a tweak in the task's actual name/action.

That's what I do as well. Seems though, that the notes don't stay with the completed task, and it only follows the outstanding task. Is there a way to keep the note with the past task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 14, 2009
Currently, there isn't. Notes move forward with the current task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.