ForumsTips & TricksCan I add a specific task to my hotlist?

Can I add a specific task to my hotlist?
andreasm89

Posted: Mar 17, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

I'm looking to create a birthday reminder with a due date on the 5th April. I want to this to appear in my hotlist on the 1st of April and stay there until I mark as complete.

I do not want to star this item as then it would always be in my Hotlist even before 1st April and I do not want to allow all tasks to show in my hotlist 5 days in advance.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks and any help appreciated!
Salgud

Posted: Mar 17, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
I don't know of a way to do what you're asking using the standard issue TD Hotlist. One way to deal with this is to use a Saved Search to create your own Hotlist, with the ability you're asking for. I have that feature in my personal Hotlist because one of the criteria is that if the Start Date is before tomorrow, it shows up on the list. So in an instance like yours, I'd just set the Start Date 5 days before the Due Date and then it appears on my list as specified. Saved Searches are one of the best, most powerful features of TD.
andreasm89

Posted: Mar 18, 2015
Thanks this works perfectly on my web browser however the saved search filters don't seem to work properly on my iPhone. Any idea why this may be? Also, is there a way to change badge notification settings so that it shows based on this saved search?
Sabina A.

Posted: Mar 18, 2015
It's not currently possible to set the app badge to a saved search, but it's on our to-do list for a future update. However, we're unable to comment on a time frame for implementation.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 19, 2015
Posted by andreasm89:
Thanks this works perfectly on my web browser however the saved search filters don't seem to work properly on my iPhone. Any idea why this may be?

I haven't checked all of my Saved Searches on my iPhone vs online, but I did check my Hotlist, which is a fairly complex list, and they match exactly. Maybe you're using a type of criteria I'm not using, or something like that. As far as I can tell, the iOS version is in alignment with the online one. Maybe others can check and comment?
andreasm89

Posted: Mar 21, 2015
Posted by Salgud:
Posted by andreasm89:
Thanks this works perfectly on my web browser however the saved search filters don't seem to work properly on my iPhone. Any idea why this may be?

I haven't checked all of my Saved Searches on my iPhone vs online, but I did check my Hotlist, which is a fairly complex list, and they match exactly. Maybe you're using a type of criteria I'm not using, or something like that. As far as I can tell, the iOS version is in alignment with the online one. Maybe others can check and comment?

Could be, all my hotlists, all tasks, starred are syncing fine. Just my saved search wasn't working properly but now it seems to be syncing well. Thanks everyone for your help :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.