ForumsTips & TricksDeleting

Deleting
hldeiss

Posted: Nov 21, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I am no longer able to delete a single item using the trash can - how can I get it deleted?

Secondly, how can I delete a bunch of tasks. It should allow me to click the box to the left and then delete all - but where is that command?

Thanks.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 23, 2015
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by hldeiss:
I am no longer able to delete a single item using the trash can - how can I get it deleted?

Not sure about this. Maybe a bug?

Secondly, how can I delete a bunch of tasks. It should allow me to click the box to the left and then delete all - but where is that command?

Thanks.

This isn't Gmail. Clicking the "box to the left" is not for selecting tasks, but for marking them complete. The only way to delete multiple tasks is to figure out a common set of traits, like they're all in Folder "Plan Jihad", with a tag of "Kill". Then you can filter on those parameters, and multi-edit to Delete. Otherwise, it's one at a time.
Sabina A.

Posted by hldeiss:

Thanks.

It sounds like you clicked the "no more dialogs" box while deleting tasks, which is a temporary browser setting that will reset when you quit your web browser and start it up again. Please give that a try.

Like Salgud said, multi-edit is your best option for bulk-delete.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Salgud

Actually, I should have mentioned that there are other workarounds for this issue, depending on what features you are already using, and how much effort you're willing to put into it (usually determined by how many tasks you want to edit). Let me know if you'd like further details.
Jimraz

I have a shopping list that shows 22 items, but there are only 14. I delete them but the count doesn't change on the left side showing all the items in my lists.

started a support ticket for this issue

This message was edited Nov 24, 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.