ForumsTips & TricksTask in Multiple Folders

Task in Multiple Folders
patrick_28

Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,
I have been using toodledoo for a little while now. I am a contractor and list to do items (tasks) in the client folder. Question I have is there a way to assign a task to different folders? Example: In the Smith folder I have a task get bids for patio, I would like to also have it in my patios guys folder with out typing it out twice and deleting it twice when I get the bid to the Smiths'.

Or is there a better way to do this all together?

thanks in advance for any help
Sabina A.

Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Hello,

You can clone the task in the Action menu and then change the folder of the cloned task. It's not possible to have two folders per task. You can use Bulk-edit to delete/completed them at the same time, but it would probably be easier to delete/completed individually since it's just two. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
frogboy

Posted: Jan 16, 2018
Or use tags or contexts in conjunction with folders?

Each client is a folder and your colleagues as contexts? Then set some custom searches? That how I would do it..
corbin

Posted: Jan 20, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
I'd look at switching to tags as well since each item can have many tags.

Create a folder called Bids and then tag it Smith and PatioGuy.

I live in tags as much, if not more than, folders. I have each one of my direct reports as Tags (Mike, Jason, etc.) plus various projects as tags. If I am working on a project, I jump into the tag for that project. If I am having a one-on-one meeting with a direct report, I will have his/her tag open.
fiona.c

Posted: Jan 20, 2018
Score: 11 Reference
Tags Rule...
Per my separate post, we need a way to KEEP THEM ALIVE, when not actively being used.

Readers of this posting.. please 'LIKE' this post to ask for TAGS TO BE KEPT and not 'dropped off'.
More "votes" apparently is the only way to bump this up the Toodledo development list...

This message was edited Jan 20, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.