ForumsTips & TricksLooking for a trick: replace field with value from another fiel

Looking for a trick: replace field with value from another fiel
M

Posted: Jan 20, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Pretty sure Jake told me a long time ago that this is NOT available, but maybe there's a trick I'm unaware of.

I've recently been advised that, in my circumstance, I should move away from NOT using due dates, and use them instead of start dates.

So I'd like to replace any EMPTY due date field with the value from the task's START date.

It's a database, right? So some kind of UPDATE query... ?

Any ideas for how to accomplish this?
Olivir 2017

Posted: Jan 22, 2018
I don't know if that might work, but you could try backing up the whole account (it is a XML file) and try editing it - but backup the backup first, as it may fail. Or, depending on the number of tasks, maybe it would be faster/more reliable do it by hand on the web. Other than that, I don't think you have another option.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2018.
M

Posted: Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion.

I should've mentioned that one of the reasons that I don't export (to CSV), edit my dates in Excel, save to CSV and reload from CSV is that this means I lose all my Start/Modified dates.

Looks like that would happen with an XML edit, too.

I really want to preserve those dates, if possible.

As a frequent sql query writer in my day job, I'm just itching to use some kind of sql to edit my data!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.