ForumsTips & TricksNew UI Skin

New UI Skin
genezyc

Posted: Jul 16, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
I've been working on a new visual design for Toodledo (desktop), and I'm curious what other users think. I think this UI will make you more productive while being easier on the eyes (it has for me!):

https://userstyles.org/styles/162420/toodledo-clearskin

For best results:
- Use Grid format (instead of Multi-line)
- Make sure you've enabled the "New" Tasks UI
frogboy

Posted: Jul 18, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Nice1

Thanks!
Olivir2018

Posted: Jul 19, 2018
I will give it a deeper try next week, when I am back at work, but it looks very good (better than the Toodledo Lightskin in some aspects). Time will tell more.
Manuel.Calderón

Posted: Jul 29, 2018
A few days ago I read this information.

"Google, Mozilla, and Opera have pulled a browser extension with more than two million downloads after it was caught tracking every website its users visited—and sending the data to a remote server.

The Stylish extension allowed users to customize the look and feel of websites in a variety of ways. Among other things, it could remove clutter such as Facebook or Twitter news feeds, change normal pictures to black-and-white manga images, and change black-on-white site themes to white-on-black themes. Starting this year, Stylish started performing these useful functions at a high price: according to software engineer Robert Heaton, the extension started sending users’ complete browsing activity back to its servers by default, along with a unique identifier that in many cases could be used to correlate email addresses or other Internet attributes belonging to those users.

An updated Stylish privacy policy disclosed that the extension collected browsing histories. The version published in May, for instance, said that the information included “standard web server log information (i.e., web request) as well as data sent in response to that request, such as URL used, Internet Protocol address (trimmed and hashed for anonymization), HTTP referrer, and user agent.” Various articles from January, 2017, also noted the tracking but, citing a new owner of the extension, these articles said it would be anonymous. (This despite the fact that many URLs, particularly when stored in large quantities over a long period of time, can make it painfully obvious which individual is viewing them.)"

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/stylish-extension-with-2m-downloads-banished- for-tracking-every-site-visit/
Olivir2018

Posted: Jul 29, 2018
There are alternatives/fork of the extension, like e.g. Stylus and others, which do not track you.
genezyc

Posted: Aug 03, 2018
Glad you like it so far, Olivir & frogboy. I've made some refinements since my original post, so please update if you haven't done so in awhile:

https://userstyles.org/styles/162420/toodledo-clearskin

Also, I second what Olivir said about replacing Stylish with Stylus. I've replaced it on my browser and it seems to work fine.
Olivir2018

Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for info. The only thing I allways change is "bread_label"" max-width, as I have some lenghty names for my saved searches:-)
genezyc

Posted by Olivir2018:
Thanks for info. The only thing I allways change is "bread_label"" max-width, as I have some lenghty names for my saved searches:-)

Good call. I'll make sure that's in my next batch of changes. Sorry you had to dig through my CSS :P
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.