ForumsTips & TricksResponse on color coding task priorities

Response on color coding task priorities
rich.holden1

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Question:
My original post is below. I'm frankly shocked by this response to this suggestion:

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 22:46 by Toodledo:
This isn't possible, but thanks for the suggestion.

Are you really kidding me? Can't change a color associated with a priority category?!? If you can assign two different colors for Top and High priorities, you can change those to different colors (like recommended below) and new colors for Medium and Low can be added. This is some pretty simple html coding, and while I'm not an html coding expert, I know enough to know what is is in the realm of the possible. Sorry, but throwing the "B.S. flag" on this response.

Question:

Posted by prm in March 2009:
"Is it possible to user defined color cods to display the tasks under different PRIORITIES. Current color differentiation of priorities is not that good.
Example - RED for TOP Priority, GREEN - for HIGH priority YELLOW - Medium and BLUE for LOW etc"

While this has not been touched since March 2009 on the Forums, and I'm a new Toodledo user (about 2 weeks, but I've become a devoted fan!!!), this would be a great add/fix.

Concur that the current colors for Top and High are tough to differentiate. How hard to be able to choose your own colors for each of the priorities?

Thanks for a great product and hope to see it continue to improve.

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 22:46 by Toodledo:
This isn't possible, but thanks for the suggestion.
Anders

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
LASHirsh

Posted: Nov 17, 2009
As someone who tends to best process things visually, I have found that color coding is an essential tool for me to keep up my productivity.

Toodledo has many great features--enough to convince me to make the initial switch from Remember the Milk--but limited aesthetic efficiency and appeal coupled with the absence of options for customization of the user interface is proving more problematic than I had first thought.

My biggest two suggestions: make it possible to "edit" a task without clicking/selecting "edit" (i.e., just make the changes while still viewing the entire list)and allow for users to differentiate lists/priorities/etc. by color!

Many thanks in advance for addressing my concerns!
Ben

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
Vin Thomas has a Toodledo redesign script, which adds color coding: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/4195/0/another-simple-theme.html

This message was edited Jan 13, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.