ForumsTips & TricksTabs as a list

Tabs as a list
Di.Mon

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just moved to toodleo and one of the things that I don't like was the tabs. I have a lot of folders/projects, a lot of contexts and so on. The number of tabs are much more then screen width can fit. So I wrote a style for Stylish extension for Firefox to convert this tabs to plane list in right column.

Here you can find this code and screenshoots of how it works http://userstyles.org/styles/20250

Unfortunately this styles is pretty raw and maybe you will need to play around with widths and margins in it to fit your screen resolution. In any way feel free to right here if you have problems and I will try to help. And of course if this hack will be useful, I`ll try to make it more universal.

Hope you will find it usable :)
Anders

Neat idea. Unfortunately it runs right over my task list on the right side of my screen, but that is my own fault for having too many fields active. It will probably work well for those who only use a few fields. For me, something like this would probably only work if the tab list was placed on the left side of the task list. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Di.Mon

Anders: do you have some free space in right where this column can be placed?
Anders

Well, it depends on what computer I am using, but in general, no. Definitely not on my netbook. That is why I said it probably wouldn't work for me unless the list was on the left side of the tasks. There was a script someone wrote to do that in Folder view only: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/35249
But that has unfortunately been broken for some time now. I may look into it to see if there is anything I could do to get it working again, but I am not sure when I will have the time. I am also redoing my system on Toodledo, and I will be eliminating several fields, so perhaps this will work after I have done that.
Andrew

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
There is still a demand for this if anyone is still reading. What Toodledo packs a punch for in functionality, it takes from interface design.
Anders

Posted: Sep 22, 2009
FYI, on the userstyles.org page for this, Toodledo is spelled incorrectly, so the style does not show up when you search the site for "Toodledo".
sharlene

Posted: Sep 28, 2009
Please help a non-techie who really wants to create the plane list. Is there an idiot-proof way to do this for someone who knows nothing about codes?
Anders

Posted: Sep 28, 2009
Posted by sharlene:
Please help a non-techie who really wants to create the plane list. Is there an idiot-proof way to do this for someone who knows nothing about codes?

First of all, you need to be using Firefox to do this.

Click on the first link in the original post of this thread. It will take you to a page where you can install the Stylish addon for Firefox. Install it, and restart Firefox.

Then click on the second link from the original post in this thread. At the top of the screen there will be a button that says "Install with Stylish". Click that button, and it should install.

You don't really have to understand anything about how the script works. Report back if you run into any snags.
yanesh.tyagi

Posted: Dec 12, 2009
Many thanks to Di.Mon. Now I can have as many folders and contexts as I want. I had a very hard time to putting all my tasks into limited number of folders because of tab issue.

I uses folders for projects and contexts for location and resources.
tom.suchy

Posted: Dec 13, 2009
Good stuff, thanks for building/posting this!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.