ForumsTips & TricksDynamic Fields / Functions per view

Dynamic Fields / Functions per view
mathyvel

Posted: Oct 12, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
In the settings we can choose what fields/function we want to display globally for all views.

I would like to have this fields/functions to be set per view.

For e.g. in Folder view, it would be redundant to have folders again listed as a column. I can choose the appropriate folder tab to see the tasks in that folder.

Is this a new feature request?

Is there a workaround for this facility?

Thanks and Regards,
Mathyvel
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
There is no way to do this now, but it has been suggested many times. I would love it as well!
Proximo

I think it's a problem with the GUI. If the GUI was designed differently, you would not be forced to always add columns depending on what options you wanted to use.

Just my opinion.
mattsez

This is my personal #1 request. I would be happy if each search definition had a way to define the displayed fields (and their order) along with the criteria.

I've been trying to find a way to use external sites, or one that I create, to make a kind of "Toodledo Reporting System." I haven't found a quick fix yet, though, using Zoho Creator has come the closest. I tried doing something with the Google App Engine, but damn, I hate the Python language. I may try doing this again, given that you can now program in Java with it (Google App Engine). I just need a way to pull the data from the Toodledo web service and combine it with XSLT/CSS to make something that is easy to reuse for various purposes.

But I digress...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.