ForumsTips & TricksGetting consistent reminders

Getting consistent reminders
runey71

Posted: Mar 10, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have been having a lot of problems getting consistent reminders for my tasks...

1) Push notifications often come through as much as 30 minutes after the event (so 45 minutes late) <- Apples problem
2) Can't get SMS via Toodledo because my carrier does not have an SMS gateway
3) Can get SMS via Twitter but tasks come through too early because of the way Toodledo send them to Twitter <- Please change this so tweets are sent at the reminder time and not for any task due in the next hour
4) Email come through on time, well always 4 min early for some reason... Unfortunately cannot get SMS that way either because of the SMS gateway issue again...

So here is my workaround...

1) Create a new gmail account called [email protected]
2) Sign up with Twitter using this email and set it to private so other people can't join and see your tasks
3) Follow remindname with my own Twitter account
4) Enable SMS for that account
5) Forward Toodledo reminders from my gmail account to remindname account
6) Forward remindname emails to TwitterMail

It seems overly complicated but it is working perfectly so far...

I was on the verge of dumping Toodledo because I couldn't get my reminders properly... This work around means I can continue to use Toodledo... Though there are still a few minor things I'd like to see added in the future :)

Hope this helps someone...
wallionmick

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for your concern..!! As I got the similar problem with sending unlimited SMS through and got it cleared now.. with your post's help..!! Thanks for that..!!

Mick..

imprinted lanyards
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.