ForumsTips & TricksNew UserScript: change folders by keyboard!

New UserScript: change folders by keyboard!
Rich

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Everyone,

I just finished a major overhaul of the folder categories userscript that was created a while back.

New options are to show folders in a popup box in top of screen to save space. The title of the popup box is the current folder. Pressing "U" on the screen allows you to toggle the folder screen. Clicking on a new task will then hide the popup (sort of like the more folders popup, but now all your folders are in there).

Additionally, for Firefox, I have implemented the X and Q keys to go back and forth between folders. This means you can basically shift up and down between any number of folders you want just by pressing X and Q and don't need to worry about the 1-9 keys.

Like the previous script, if you title a folder like "z* Title ti" and then label your other folders like "name ti", all the "name" folder will appear inside the "Title" group, and clicking on "Title" will show our hide those tasks.

You need to try it to really understand how much better it makes it.

Let me know if you have any comments, you will need Firefox's greasemonkey, or Chrome to run it.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/71732
Rich

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
I just updated the script. You can now complete a task or star an item, just by hovering over any part of the task and and click "!" to complete, or "`" to star!
lite1

Posted: Mar 23, 2010
For those who might be completely ignorant/new to Greasemonkey could you give a brief description of steps one would need to take to try out your script. It sounds like it adds very nice user functionality to TD and since I am a keyboard shortcut advocate and I am happy to read that this is nicely implemented.

Again, my ignorance but am I correct that the script is only useful when using TD with the Firefox add-on.

Thanks for sharing this.
Rich

Posted: Mar 24, 2010
It also partially works within google chrome and opera, if you go through a couple of loops to enable userscripts within each browser

@lite1 : let me know if you can think of anything that would make your keyboard experience better. I have changed the script since the first post to allow Add subtasks when over a subtask block (Press A), Star when hovering over a task (Press `) and complete a task when hovering over it (Press !). All of my tasks at this point are based on the hover identifier, as I am not aware of any ID or DIV that is used to keep track of the users location in the task list.

Additionally, I have changed the folder next and previous toggle to : "[" and "]"
Rich

I made a post in the tips section on how to install Greasemonkey
lite1

Thanks Rich; I'm focused on getting things done for upcoming company seminar so will be a while before I can try out your script. Will be sure to let you know of any other keyboard short cut functionality that would improve productivity. I know from other threads perhaps 8 months ago that there are many TD users who strongly prefer keyboard shortcuts to mousing.
c.barber78

Posted: Mar 27, 2010
Looks fantastic mate :)
Only problem is that it doesnt go too well with your toodledo for all w/ sidebar theme.
On that note, what is the difference between the w/ sidebar and without, because switching between the two I don't see any changes?
And I have been having some issues with the style that I am not sure how to fix, I posted about it here:
http://forum.userstyles.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=17990

And an addition to that is that since upgrading to plus, the button to click and go back to the task list is gone now :/ So I am using another theme temporarily now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.