ForumsTips & TricksFree voice-to-Toodledo via Siri

Free voice-to-Toodledo via Siri
Douglas

Posted: May 03, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Siri for the iPhone made a big splash last week, because Apple acquired them.

I was playing around with their iPhone app -- and it's actually pretty slick. It's got some amazing speech recognition ... and it will parse out all sorts of queries to try to figure out what you're asking, and then do the necessary search (i.e.: "Show me all the flights to Seattle available today from my area").

Well ... one of the items you can do with Siri, is ask it to "remind" you of something. As in "Remind me in 2 hours to take out the trash". In 2 hours, siri will send you an email telling you to do that.

So, what I think I'm going to do, is use Siri for voice dictation of to-do's that occur to me while I am in the car. I will just say to Siri "remind me in 1 minute to: <whatever the to-do item is>". Siri will immediately email me. I have a mail filter set up to send any siri reminders directly to my toodledo address. Voila! Instant (well, almost) speech-to-todo integration. And entirely free!
declanh

Posted: May 13, 2010
Alas it seems to be in the US iTunes store only :-(

This message was edited May 14, 2010.
Transisto

Posted: May 17, 2010
nice, hope it get available soon
David

Posted: May 27, 2010
It doesn't have voice command but you can do this with Google calendar too. You just text to a Google shortcode Take out Trash 7pm and it will send you an SMS reminder later on :) I also use Siri btw and it's an amazing app. The voice recognition actually works!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.