ForumsTips & Tricksnotes of completed tasks

notes of completed tasks
Karsten

Posted: Jun 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

is there a possibility to read notes of completed tasks. I'm afraid the notes will be deletet with completing one task.

Thanks,
Karsten
j2020

The notes for completed tasks remain available. For example, I just went back and looked at one from last September. However, they are only kept as long as your completed tasks are kept which is "1-6 months" for a free account. It is longer for paid accounts, as detailed here: http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php (fourth item from bottom of list).

Also, there is an account setting called Delete Completed Tasks, that allows you to choose how long your completed tasks are stored, up to the limit of your account type.

See also this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6241/0/keeping-completed-tasks-forever.html

This message was edited Jun 09, 2010.
Karsten

okay, thanks a lot; my question was not very precise!

It works - as you say - for ordinary tasks, but I'm looking for notes of repeating tasks and it does not work. Maybe there is any trick?
PeterW 

Score: 1 Reference
Yes, for some reason the notes of repeating tasks are not kept when completed. I guess they remain in the new (undone) task that was auto-created though so all is not lost.
Karsten

Posted: Jun 10, 2010
actually that's too bad. Well, it's not lost as it is kept in the new (undone) task, but I would love to docoument what I have done (like printing completet tasks) and sometimes I have notes in repeating tasks.
j2020

Posted: Jun 10, 2010
That is too bad about the notes not sticking to each completion date. I guess a workaround might be make a repeating task, but on the day you actually do the task you could quickly create a NEW (non-repeating) task with a similar or related name and attach the notes that need to go with it. You would then check the new task off, which would save it with its notes. After that, check off the repeating task so that it could continue its normal repeat cycle.

Not really an elegant solution, but it would only take a few extra seconds, and would give you notes attached to completion dates.

This message was edited Jun 10, 2010.
Karsten

Posted: Jun 14, 2010
does anyone has another idea?

thanks, Karsten
SRhyse

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
I had the same problem, and he's how I get around it, atleast on the iPhone side-

Before I check off the task, I copy it's notes to the clipboard. Then I complete the task from any list view where both the current and newly created completed task would be in (in my case it's usually starred tasks), which instantly creates the new one on top of it, but leaves the checked off task underneath it at the time if I don't change pages (despite whether or not I've set completed tasks to show). I then select that checked off task and paste the notes back into it. You might need to enable auto sync on edit for this to work.

Unfortunately, on the Webapp side at toodledo.com, the only way I've gotten around it is to manually paste the notes into the completed task in the recently completed view. It's not that big of a hassle with the few tasks I do it for, but it would be nice to have an option/standard to have repeated tasks duplicate the current task's notes when marking them complete, not just the other fields as it currently does.
Karsten

Posted: Jun 20, 2010
@srhyse: thanks!
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 20, 2010
Salgud

Posted: Jul 21, 2010
I just ran across this thread nosing around.

My solution would be to copy the note when I first entered it and paste the note into Evernote with appropriate title and tags.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.