ForumsTips & TricksHow do you keep in mind long term tasks with long DL?

How do you keep in mind long term tasks with long DL?
acheri

Posted: Sep 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I was thinking about how hard is for me to keep thinking about tasks in long term.

Yes I can set another reminder with e.d. repeat until task is done, but I realized that its realy anoying I mean you have than like 20 repeating tasks on every day, you cant recognize what is realy important that day (because of lack of colour signs in toodledo) and its all mess

is there some easier way to do so ?

how do you kep your long term tasks to be aware of them and not realize one day ahead that this task should have been solving for 4 days now and before DL there is no time? :-)

ty
Salgud

Posted: Sep 20, 2010
Posted by acheri:
I was thinking about how hard is for me to keep thinking about tasks in long term.

Yes I can set another reminder with e.d. repeat until task is done, but I realized that its realy anoying I mean you have than like 20 repeating tasks on every day, you cant recognize what is realy important that day (because of lack of colour signs in toodledo) and its all mess

is there some easier way to do so ?

Color coding is but one way to show priority. I "recognize what is important every day" by using the Priority field and sorting my tasks by priority.

how do you kep your long term tasks to be aware of them and not realize one day ahead that this task should have been solving for 4 days now and before DL there is no time? :-)

ty

I put them in Someday, and have a repeating task that reminds me to check all tasks with a deferred status (Hold, Wait, Someday, etc) every week. Very simple.
acheri

Posted: Sep 21, 2010
Well not for me, because im using priority to recognize projects and `folders` from next actions and others its very usefull if u have very long lists under one tag. That way im able to cover for missing colours. But thanks for tip
Andrew A

Posted: Sep 21, 2010
I prefer a GTD approach to this and the long term or far out tasks are always in my mind, but without me having to think about it.

When you do you weekly review, it "reloads" all your to dos and brings them back up to the surface. Adjust what needs adjusting and then the whole kit and caboodle drops back into your trusted system. I review my tasks constantly, but I try, very much try to do a thorough review of them all once a week and see what giggling needs to be done to focus on some and drop others that don't need my attention from focus.

Not to mention, that often (if not always) long term tasks are really long term projects and there are a series of tasks that need to be done. Some now, and others really don't need to occupy your thinking until needed. That's partially what the review is for.
Ridgeview House

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
I set the start date as the day I need to start thinking about it. Since my last task every day is to update my list for tomorrow, it shows up in time for that task. That way my Hot List is set up to be "today's to-do's, and tomorrow's plan of actions." If I get ahead on the things I need to do today, it takes mo fiddling to start on tomorrow's work. Then at the end of the day, I just take 10 minutes to check tomorrow's list, add anything from my email box, and plan my day.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.