ForumsTips & TricksImport Task Link via VBA Code

Import Task Link via VBA Code
wright.dave

Posted: Oct 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I use a seperate system as my main task generater and storage, doing this I need to import tasks into ToodleDo on a regular basis. By using VBA and some other I have been able to automate the process of creating a CSV with the proper fied layout from my other system and save, then open the ToodleDo import/export page. From there I have select browse, select the file location and file, and then select upload. The file is always in the same location and has the same name everytime, so automating selecting is easy.

What would like to be able to do is complete the automation process and have select the upload with the file already inplace so that the page that it stops on is the review of the imported csv file.

Is there a way to do this by simply linking to somewhere on the import page that would pick a file and proceed to the review page?

I know that I could write some HTML and other code to make it work, but not being an HTML expert I do not have time to mess with that.
Andrew A

Posted: Oct 22, 2010
Actually, sounds like you want to look at the API, and look at how you can you can interact and update your account. Not sure how to POST or GET from VBA, but if you look in the developer's forum there is a link to the API documentation and information about adding/deleting tasks, etc.
wright.dave

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
Thanx for the input, however as my original post sates I am trying get by with as little programming as possible at this point. Having the sync work through the API would be great, however I am not totally up to speed on the required knowledge to make this happen and time does not allow for me to even attempt such an undertaking at this point. Would like to use the sync to go directly from my main task system (office live small business-SharePoint) to and from ToodleDo. Both use XMl and it should be able to be accomplished, just do not have the needed time nor complete understanding to make that happen at this time.

For now I can deal with having to click on the usual buttons as taking the time to make the API work is not worth it at this time...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.