ForumsTips & Tricks[UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0

[UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
piyush_soni

Posted: Dec 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Bug :)

Same exists for Folders and Goals as well.

This message was edited Dec 23, 2010.
earnjam

Posted by piyush_soni:
One thing I noticed:
The 'Plus' and 'Minus' signs in the tasks lists should be the opposite of what they are right now. Shouldn't they? Currently they do collapse and expand respectively, but should do the opposite. They are correct for the other panels and links like 'Collaborators' and 'Filters' etc.

Other suggestions:
1). The internal notes section of any task (class name: "note") is currently the same background color as the page. Could you add a 'little' hint of some other color (grayish?) for their background so that they are more distinguishable than the rest of tasks? I am not qualified enough to suggest how to do that though :).

2). I would still love a hint of any kind of a separator between two tasks. The fine dotted line which was there in the original ToodleDo was fine enough, though I don't know what majority feels about that. Again, any kind of divider/separator you decide would be better than I do.

3). Some buttons in forums like 'Search this topic', 'Search All forums', 'Edit Post' are still the old style.

Even without these it looks very professional and nice! Thanks for that again.

Regarding +/- icons...great point! I didn't even notice that, haha. I just pushed out a quick update that fixes that.

Regarding Suggestions:
1) I was working on this very thing, but trying to decide how best to implement. I'll try something in the next update.
2) I originally went for the sort of wide open Omnifocus style with no dividers, but I see what you mean. I'll try a few options for dividers and see what looks best.
3) I just haven't gotten around to styling all of the forum elements yet, as my main priority was the actual ToDo list. I'm going to do that and also work on making the top menu bar that is on the To-Do List now show on more pages and move some of the individual page links up to that area as needed (For example: in the forum...Your Profile, Your Watchlist, etc.)

Posted by piyush_soni:
Bug :)

Same exists for Folders and Goals as well.

Yep, I noticed that one right after I updated it. All of those boxes use the same #addtask div ID for some reason, so they took the style of the submit button. I will have more individual buttons for the various sections in the next update.

Also I accidentally dropped the styling on a few pop-up boxes on my last update for some reason (Task Action, Tags, DueDate, etc). Those will be fixed with the next update.

I'm hoping to get some time to work on it and get the next big round of updates out sometime this weekend, but I'll post on here when it's up.
piyush_soni

Thanks a lot!

Another request: Could you please exclude all URLs containing toodledo.com/slim. It completely messes the slim version in gmail/google calendar etc.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2010.
earnjam

Posted: Dec 25, 2010
Just pushed out a Christmas update for everyone.

=============
Highlights:
- STYLE NOW SUPPORTS The Multi-Edit UserScript (Moved Collaborators, Filters Menus on ToDo List pages and Multi-Edit Menu on Search page to bottom left corner)
- Fixed style so that it does not break Toodledo Slim for Gmail plugin
- Changed Tab overflow on left to allow for scroll bar in case tabs extend off bottom of screen
- Added background color and very small shadow to notes
- Fixed styling on all of the hover states and pop-up action items
=============

As a result of fixing the styling on the slim version of the site, I have unstyled a few elements on sub-pages accessible from the TOC Menu, but it's nothing major. Just a few things to work on with the next update.

Enjoy!
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 26, 2010
Thanks @earnjam.

The Context and Tag options on the new filter menu isn't working for me. I tried both FireFox and Chrome but it's the same on both. The other options on the popup menu work ok.
earnjam

Hmm...they are working fine for me on both browsers.

This may be a dumb question and forgive me if it is, but you did click them, right? They look like typical hover options on a native app menu because of the arrows, but unfortunately without using JavaScript, I can't make them function that way. The arrows were just to show that there are additional menu options under those selections.
javilaga

Great Job!!!

Thanks for your work.
piyush_soni

Thanks earnjam! It looks very good now. And thanks for supporting Multi-Edit tasks, and the slight tint for notes too!

Also, the Contexts and Folders work for me too from the Pop up menu.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 27, 2010
Yes, I'm definitely clicking. Weird that it doesn't work for me. I've just checked again and could not get either option to work. I then unintstalled and reinstalled the script in Chrome but still no go. Strange!
verivox

I have noticed that the "Help" link is missing from the left sidebar and I don't see anywhere else to access it. Am I missing something?
earnjam

That's bizarre Peter. What is your setup (browser version, OS, etc)?

verivox, you're not missing anything. I hid the whole bottom section of the navigation because I found it unnecessary in day to day use. It's probably good to have the Help & News link in the TOC menu, though, so I'll add it on the next update.
verivox

Thanks! Your prompt response and implementation is impressive!
piyush_soni

@PeterW,
In Firefox, when you open the Error Console (Ctrl + Shift + J) and see the Errors section, does it say anything especially when you click those unresponsive links?
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 28, 2010
@pyuishi-soni,

I'm using:
Chrome 8.0.552.224
FireFox 3.6.13

The only add-in in both browsers is Stylish.

The FireFox error console has nothing in it. I only see warnings (which I assume relate to Chrome-specific stuff that it is ignoring).

The other options on the Filter menu work just fine, so I am not sure why those two would not be working.
PeterW 

Just tried something else...

With MacOSX theme turned on in FF, I then also activated another theme (my Simple Gray Theme). The tag and context filter then appeared OK (albeit in the floating window style that my theme uses). As soon as I deactivate my theme, the window disappears.
piyush_soni

Ok. I think I might have found something here, but can't guarantee. Is your monitor resolution larger than usual (or lower than usual?)
Next time when you click those Context or Tags filters links, scroll the webpage's scrollbar (from bottom to top or vice versa) after clicking it once, and you might see the pop up at some level. :)

You would see that though the main 'Filters ON' pop up is fixed to bottom and doesn't move with the scroll, the 'Contexts' or 'Tags' Filters' pop up does.
PeterW 

Thanks @pyushi_soni - you've solved it. I was always trying this on a tab that had many tasks. When I scrolled all the way to the bottom of the task list, the filter window was there!

Curiously, when I have a tab with just a few tasks, the window appears almost at the top. I guess I was expecting to see the window attached to the menu, not floating. It seems to appear somewhere near the last task in the active list. Which is OK is the list is within the screen size but not good if you have a long list that requires scrolling.

I'm doing this on a laptop with a 13.3" screen running 1280x800 resolution, and the OS is Win Vista. Making the browser full screen or just a window doesn't make any difference to the behaviour.
earnjam

Ah, great call @pyushi_soni!

I never added a position:fixed value to the tags and contexts elements. They still were retaining the position:absolute value from before.

@PeterW, I've added that now and pushed out an update. Check it out and see if that fixes it for you.
piyush_soni

Glad that solved, and thanks for the quick update.

btw, @both above,
It's piyush_soni. (No problem, many people read that pyushi or other variation somehow) :) You can use just the first name, Piyush.
earnjam

My bad. I just copied and pasted from Peter's post above mine. Should have done from the username on the left side.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.