ForumsTips & TricksIntegration with a Desktop Client

Integration with a Desktop Client
silvertonesx24

Posted: Nov 24, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to sync my tasks on toodledo with Sunbird. I subscribe to the ics file in sunbird, and I can see the tasks from Toodleo in Sunbird but I cannot edit anything or mark anything as complete on Sunbird, everytime I do, and refresh, it reverts back- is there any way I can have 2 way sync between a desktop client and toodledo?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 25, 2008
This is because the industry standard ICS file format is a one-direction sync. It is not technically possible for data to transmit in the other direction. Unfortunately, we do not yet have a two-way sync for Sunbird.
mdunham

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
How do I get the desktop application to sync with my iPhone? I haven't used the desktop applicaiton in a few days and I was surprised to see when I logged in that it wasn't "sync'd" with the to-do list on my iPhone. Do I need to sync somehow on the desktop application or is it supposed to automatically sync with each other on a daily basis?
davidmbaldwin

Posted: Nov 26, 2008
I have a Samsung Blackjack and wondering the same thing. Is there a way to sync my Blackjack with this application?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2008
The first step would be to make sure that your iPhone is synced with this website. If it isn't then you need to open your iPhone and press the sync button. Now that Toodledo.com is synced with your iPhone, it will push this data out to Sunbird or whatever other desktop app you are using. You may need to go into that desktop app and make it sync from Toodledo.com.

Hope that helps
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.