ForumsTime ManagementOrganize the ToTos

Organize the ToTos
hvsegoo

Posted: Nov 26, 2008
Score: -1 Reference
Hello.
I like Toodledo more and more, and I try to organize all my tasks. What would be really great is the following:

A tool which collects my todos which have a length AND a Start- or Due-Date. Out of these times and Priority/importance it should calculate (on basis of a dailiy "usable hours"-plan) Calendar-entries. So one can see how the task can be done, or if they can be done at all within the given time.

With such a tool you can show, i. e. your chief, that you cannot take any more tasks without moving any other tasks. If you like to, you can move the task around.

Does anybody know such a tool, bet with an importing-tool which understands Toodledo-XML?

Thanks a lot ...

OR does anybody have a php or asp-script which shows a calendar, then I could use the Toodledo-API for getting the data and show them with this script?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
luke

Posted: Dec 29, 2008
Yes, excellent idea. this is similar to a program called Taskline for Microsoft Outlook. It takes into consideration the available time on your calendar and schedules out the tasks based on due date, priority and time available. You get an idea of when you will be done with your current tasks, when each task might be worked on AND you can run scenarios by injecting tasks in and seeing how they affect the overall schedule...

This, combined with better reports on how time is spent would be tremendous.
Steve_1354340810

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
IMHO this could be done really easily if Toodledo added a daily time tally to the multi-day views.

Toodledo already gives you a total of scheduled hours in the Today view. All that is required is for Toodledo to add a subtotal to each day in the Next 7, 7-14 and Next 30 days views.

Then you would be able to see how much work you hve scheduled each day and balance things up acordingly (taking into account known time required for meetings etc)

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.