ForumsGetting Things Done®Planning your day

Planning your day
eddtr1

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Guys,

Quick question.

I have and still am implementing proximo's setup, I have TODO iphone app and toodledo and I use toodledo all day at work. I have recently sorted out all my contexts, action lists and removed all prorities. I only have a handful of due dates now which is good (I always set them and always missed them)

How do you guys organise your day though. Do you open toodledo set the folder to action list and just methodically go through or do you run through the actions you want to do filtering via context.

Do you review on a Sunday and then have a rough idea in your head what you want to complete by the end of the week?

Just fishing for thoughts on the matter

Thanks all
Dave

Posted: Aug 13, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I do the "weekly review" a couple of times during the week, or even once a day sometimes. David Allen says he does the same thing. Try to set aside one time of the week, where you really go through everything and make sure you are on track and you can plan a bit in the future. For my daily hotlist, I use stars. Since there are many next action tasks, this is the best way to really filter out the most important. Other than the stars I am working off my context lists. I find that if I don't stick to these two areas, and I try to work off folders as well, the system gets a bit overwhelming. David Allen recommends working off your context lists and after experience, it works well for me to.

Initially when things were paper based, you didn't have projects with items underneath. Just a one page project list and all actions were written in their contexts.

Hope that helps
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.