ForumsGetting Things Done®Pocket Informant

Pocket Informant
PT_Ken

Posted: Jul 12, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hello. I am a long time Toodledo Pro user. I currently use the Toodledo app on my iPhone 5c (iOS 7) and also the web site. I am also a long time GTDer. My question about Pocket Informant is really about two things -- GTD and the app itself. Because GTD is my primary focus, I am posting my question here instead of the 3rd party apps section.

I have recently learned of Pocket Informant. Does anyone use this currently on the iPhone?

1. How good is the GTD implementation?
2. How does it handle projects? How do projects sync with Toodledo?
3. What do you think of the app in general? Any comments good or bad?
4. How is the sync in general with Toodledo? (I am hesitant to test the sync with the free trial because I don't want to mess up my data if there is a problem.)
5. How does PI compare with the Toodledo app (current versions)?

Although I really like the current Toodledo app for iPhone, my biggest issues are still lack of "good" subtask support and no project support. I don't use folders for projects because it just does not make sense. There are too many projects to manage with folders. Projects need to be much more dynamic than the way Toodledo handles folders.

So, I'd appreciate any comments about PI that you would like to share. Thank you.
Joyce@work

Posted: Jul 12, 2014
I have found pocket informant to be a pain in the tochas. The sync with toodledo has never ever worked well for me. I'm embarrassed that I ever spend money on it and I don't recommend it to anyone.
garyo

Posted: Jul 15, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I use PI constantly as my main calendar (and have since the Palm days), but I'm on Android so I can't really say much about the iOS version. But for serious GTD, I just use Toodledo straight up.
xo1331

Posted: Aug 01, 2014
I use Pocket informant in my ipad and iphone, but my gtd system based on mindmanager, mobile devices i uses only for collect things and "next actions".
For me - sync work good, data no loses. With toodledo i use google cal and evernote
Beauneau

Posted: Sep 09, 2014
Hi. I use PI on my iPhone (4S) and I think it works just fine with TD. Also the subtask support is great.

This message was edited Sep 09, 2014.
Manfred Braatz

Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Hi, I am actually using Toodledo with PI and a GTD-like system. First I try the set-up with tasks as project and subtasks as tasks. After some days I am now using the folders as projects because PI has some additional settings for the folders/projects (parallel, action list etc.). Syncing with Toodledo is fine. It seems only that the length of folder names is limited.
Best
Alex Brown

Posted: Nov 05, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Pocket informant with Toodlefo is amazing! Adds the one feature I hat that TD does not have, natural language processing for adding tasks, Even supports formatted notes! More than the TD we app supports without dropping to basic html.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.