ForumsGetting Things Done®home chores

home chores
mrruz

Posted: Jun 30, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I'm curious how people manage their home chores. Do you use toodledo with your SO and assign the tasks or do you use shared tasks? Repeat upon completion or due date? How do you utilize start dates, contexts, and tags?

We currently have a list of shared tasks that we may both edit. The tasks are then given a specific context , which is named after the person who is responsible for that item. Then, we filter out other persons context from the hotlist so that we don't see them in our daily todo list.

What do you folks do?
Geoff Peters

Posted: Jul 10, 2015
I have two projects, one for weekly home cleaning and another for periodic home cleaning. The stuff I need to do every week (vacuuming, laundry, cleaning bathroom) go into the weekly project, and the less frequent stuff (clean office, clean fridge, clean storage locker, clean stainless steel appliances) goes into the other project. I use Google Keep to share lists with my partner, he doesn't use Toodledo.
johnprince2112

Posted: Sep 13, 2015
I have an @Chores context. I found that the utilization of tags is great here, as I have found I can break it down in to 'types' of chores in addition to length. Thus it might look like this:
Inbox: Hang new speed bag (my son is a boxer)

When I process:
Context=@Chores
Folder=Actions
Tag=Weekend, Boxing

Where this helps is I have specific views for chores on the weekend (due to time constraints) vs those I can do at any time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.