ForumsGetting Things Done®How does iPhone App "ToDo" know whats in Inbox... preplexing

How does iPhone App "ToDo" know whats in Inbox... preplexing
anaber

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I started with a Toodledo account first and tried it out for a few days. Then I Installed the "ToDo" app on my iPhone (not the Toodledo app). I did a sync and it somehow was able to put things into it's Inbox and it made sense. So I couldn't figure out how to get an Inbox here on the website.

I see some are using a folder, others are saying all uncategorized task is the inbox etc. Just wish there was a more elegant solution on this site.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
The Inbox in Todo is the same as No Folder on Toodledo. So really it's just another name for folderless tasks. I use No Folder as my inbox on Toodledo. Some create a special Folder, but I found that didn't work as well.
sventhebrit

I use a special folder (@ To Be Processed) which I have as my first folder, but I must admit it is messy. The disadvantage of using "No Folder" as an inbox is that it appears over to the right on the folder view. If I could move it to the left, then I would use it.

It would be even better if it was called inbox and it appeared on the left - it would make more sense then.

Steve
Claudio

Does the software for this message board allow threads to be moved to the appropriate forum?
Anders

I don't think this thread is miscategorized, perhaps misleadingly entitled. The title may be asking about a third party app, but the thread is a discussion of how to implement a GTD element (the inbox) on Toodledo, so it seems like the appropriate location.
anaber

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Anders, thanks for the reply, that makes sense now.
KeithStone

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Personally, I like the way the Pocket Informant iPhone app Inbox works. The inbox tasks are those with no project, no folder, no status, etc.

I replicate it in Toodledo with a saved search called "inbox".

Tasks that match "all" the following criteria:
Context is No Context
and Folder is No Folder
and Start Date is before tomorrow
and checked off is no

This message was edited Jul 24, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Project is Folder in PI. It is having either a context or Folder that removes an item from the PI inbox. I can see how that makes sense, but I would rather have tasks with a conext, but no Folder stay in the inbox. I actually prefer the way Action Lists does it where inbox is a status.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2009.
KeithStone

Posted: Jul 25, 2009
Yeah, I guess it's hard to please everyone given the differences in how we all use the same fields. The PI inbox used to work the way you suggest; but it drove me absolutely nuts because for me, every task that I process out of the inbox gets a context, but only some get projects/folders. So my inbox was always full of things I considered processed. Now that they've changed it, it works perfectly for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.