ForumsGetting Things Done®Franklin task style

Franklin task style
MisterDave

Posted: Jan 24, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
Is there a way to use the Franklin task prioritization style? Like A1 B3 etc. ? I think some call it the Eisenhower model?
Dave
p.s. Glad to see Toodledo back. It is worth another try so I subscrbed!
CP_1392446718

Posted: Jan 26, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
Hi MisterDave,

Wow! I haven't heard "Franklin" in a long time. I used to use Franklin planners many years ago. While I don't use that same organization method now, I believe you can achieve a similar effect within ToodleDo.

Here's what I suggest trying:

1. Enable the "Priority" and "Tags" fields if they're not already. This is done by going from the "Account Menu" -> "Profile & Settings" -> "Fields/Functions Used."

2. While you're still on the "General Settings" page to complete the above step, I suggest also setting the "Row Style" so the "Title is styled by priority," but this is optional.

3. On your "Tasks" view, set the primary sort to ascending "Priority," and the secondary to ascending "Tags." The "Priority" field represents the letters with "Top" representing "A," "High" representing "B," etc.

4. For each of the tasks in their respective "Priority" section of the list, add a tag for it's number. For example, each task in the "Top" section (A) will have a tag number starting from 1 for how every many tasks are in the "Top" section.

5. Reload the page so the tasks in each priority grouping are displayed sequentially with A1 ("Top" "Priority" and "1" "Tag") at the top.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Chris

This message was edited Jan 26, 2022.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.