ForumsGetting Things Done®GTD, latest Task Management tools and Toodledo

GTD, latest Task Management tools and Toodledo
HikariWS

Posted: Jul 19, 2023
Score: 0 Reference
Hello! I had found Toodledo some days ago and can't believe such tool existed for so long and I didn't know about it.

I'd like to share my thoughts about GTD and how new generation is handling their tasks.

Some like in https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/the-rise-and-fall-of-getting-things-done say that GTD is gone. I agree that it lost its relevance since we started working from home and some ppl even working in their phones.

But I still feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have to do, it's more tasks that I can handle and very frequently I remember I need to do something that I can't do at the moment. So regardless of where I am I still face the situation of having to capture tasks ideas and then organize what I have to do right now or today or next.

Calendar doesn't work for me in these cases, because it's impossible to estimate when I'm gonna do what. It's incredibly more effective to use GTD to organize all my taks, take out of sight those I won't be able to do soon, and focus on a few to do.

In these few days I had adapted easily to Toodledo and am implementing GTD much better on it. I use folders to set GTD periods and easily move tasks between them. Then I use contexts for broad areas, goals for specific finite objectives I have and priority to sort. Very easy and efficient.

For adding new tasks, I'm going on the Context page and adding them directly there, and usually set them to Later or Next, and they enter on the flux. As I'm always at home, I don't feel the need to add them on phone.

Only thing I'm missing is a good markdown renderer on tasks notes.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.